LaunchBox Community Forums

Help with arcade stick ...

camboico

Hi guys,

I need some help. I have recently received this arcade stick https://www.kromgaming.com/en/controllers/kumite .

After connecting it to the PC and using it with Mame and Demul, I do not know what is the reason why the sound in the games is choppy or has some delay.

Changing a bit the options in MAME how to disable triple buffer or try to change some advanced options in the performance menu but I notice some loss of graphic fluency ... I have managed to solve the problem, but with demul it is impossible to configure anything to solve this problem.
I tried to get in touch with the SAT of the manufacturer and his answer was "it's not our product's problem".

Any idea how I can do something to configure the emulators optimally so they do not give sound failures?

P.D: I have a powerful PC, so it's not because of performance issues.

1 hour ago, Lordmonkus said:

That's weird one, I have never seen a controller cause performance or sound issues in any software.

The stick is the trigger. I have a lot of time playing with an xbox game pad and 0 problems, but it is connecting the arcade stick and both MAME and Demul give sound errors.

40 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

Hey camboico, did they give you drivers for the stick?  If so, do you have the same problems if you uninstall the drivers and plug the stick in?

I also thought about that, but do not need drivers. It's plug and play.

It doesn't look like they offer drivers, either, so for your hardware, what type of sound do you have?  Motherboard?  or USB?  I updated the USB drivers for my motherboard recently and it reset some of my sound card stuff, even though my sound card is PCI, so you might want to check on things related to your sound hardware and USB.

On 4/12/2019 at 4:49 PM, Drybonz said:

It doesn't look like they offer drivers, either, so for your hardware, what type of sound do you have?  Motherboard?  or USB?  I updated the USB drivers for my motherboard recently and it reset some of my sound card stuff, even though my sound card is PCI, so you might want to check on things related to your sound hardware and USB.

I use a sound card integrated in the board and I have all the drivers updated to date.
It is that it is something strange that causes me that error