LaunchBox Community Forums

Redream emulator save state save game save states question

rwprime

Can anyone please tell me how to save a Dreamcast game using Redream in LaunchBox/BigBox? (the keyboard and controller shortcuts) Their website talks about VMU saves and in the next line says it doesn't support save states. What? That doesn't make any sense. Thanks

Just now, rwprime said:

Can anyone please tell me how to save a Dreamcast game using Redream in LaunchBox/BigBox? (the keyboard and controller shortcuts) Their website talks about VMU saves and in the next line says it doesn't support save states. What? That doesn't make any sense. Thanks

Save states and normal in game saves are two very different things. Sounds like it supports normal saving like you would on real hardware, be that in the menu of the game or a specific save point in game, but saving anywhere, or a "save state" is not supported.

3 hours ago, rwprime said:

Thanks, but I still would appreciate any help on how to Save using Redream for the Dreamcast because I can't find anything on their site. I use an MS wired xbox 360 controller. Any help appreciated.

Each game will be different like i said above, some will allow you to save in the games pause menu, others at specific points in the game, others will checkpoint at certain parts, just like any platform/game does today.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/27/2021 at 6:58 AM, GretroGames said:

open redream and go to  -input  -controller -customize binds -main menu [set to something like LT-Joy push down]

now during game play push down LT-Joy should bring up redreams menu and select save slot, same for loading. 

Thanks dude but do you know if there are any keyboard shortcuts for save states on redream?