LaunchBox Community Forums

Disable Startup Screen For Windows Games?

Dexll

Any thoughts on this?

Rather than disabling them, I am now more inclined to extend the time the Startup Screen is shown for Windows games given they generally take longer to start than a rom.  But that brings us back to the original issue.  Since Windows games are not associated with an emulator and managing emulators is where you make adjustments to Startup screens, I am stuck again.

19 minutes ago, Dexll said:

Any thoughts on this?

Rather than disabling them, I am now more inclined to extend the time the Startup Screen is shown for Windows games given they generally take longer to start than a rom.  But that brings us back to the original issue.  Since Windows games are not associated with an emulator and managing emulators is where you make adjustments to Startup screens, I am stuck again.

There is a feature already to handle this. However, I am not sure if it is in the beta only or if the stable version has it as well. 

You can bulk edit your PC games by choosing all the ones you want, right click and edit. Look for "Startup Screen - Override Default Settings" and choose. In the next screen check the box in the Value" field. Click next and then finish the wizard. Now if you right click a PC game and scroll to the Startup tab when you click the customize button you should see the default is overridden and Startups are turned off for your PC games. 

Just tested on my PC games and works fine. The pics below are from just now doing it. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 11.13.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 11.13.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 11.14.01 AM.png

14 minutes ago, Dexll said:

Any thoughts on this?

You can turn the startup/Shutdown screens on/off globally in Tools/Options/Game Startup.

515127691_Screenshot(20).thumb.png.84c87128072d7c901cbab498d4ee5246.pngThen you can enable them for the emulators by going to Tools/Manage Emulators double clicking the emulator and going to the Game Startup tab.

Screenshot_(21).thumb.png.36faa7c922bf32fc2971fc9f9c7cc35a.png