LaunchBox Community Forums

Redream exiting a game

g0d53nd

Having problems with exiting back to bigbox from redream . I get a black screen and nothing happens, I have to bring up task manager and programs that are running are as follows : Launchbox game startup, launchbox big box and redream. 

When I do my exit commands (hold start and press options on a ps4 controller) it closes redream program and thats it, and thats where I get the black screen, if i force close the “launchbox game startup” it will bring me back to big box, however, it will be frozen so I have to force that closed with task manager as well.

I have left all the options alone in the emulator manager in launcbox, associated redream with dream cast and but the ahk script that I found on here 

$Esc::

{

Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}

}

Redream WILL exit out if I open up any game in redream through launchbox and launchbox only, ALL other emulators for other systems all exit from bigbox just not redream.

thanks for any help

CPU - Intel 3258
GPU - GTX 1050
RAM - 8gb
OS - WIn 7
Latest updates of launchbox, big box, and redream

Edited by g0d53nd

Thank you for quick reply. Did not even think to turn that off. Redream will close out properly in Big Box if I do turn off those options.  Do you know if this is just a redream? or big box thing? Not a big deal, it was my last console to get done and just glad it is working  

Lordmonkus, No I am not, I ditched that program the second Jason had the last poll saying he was going to be putting pause screens in. No offence to RL, but man I can not stand that program. Thanks for all the help you 2.

10 minutes ago, g0d53nd said:

Thank you for quick reply. Did not even think to turn that off. Redream will close out properly in Big Box if I do turn off those options.  Do you know if this is just a redream? or big box thing? Not a big deal, it was my last console to get done and just glad it is working  

I have seen some random posts with a couple members having something similar. An emulator will work fine with Startup in Launchbox, but in BigBox they have issues. I think there is a couple references in the beta thread. Likely something Jason would have to see if he can replicate.

Like @Lordmonkus it is working fine for me.