LaunchBox Community Forums

Database Totals / What roms am I missing?

Dexll

Is there any way to see the total number of titles in the LaunchBox database?  I'd like to understand how complete my collections are.  The online database doesn't show totals and the audit feature in LB just scrutinizes the roms that are present.  I tried synchronizing my collection with the cloud in LB, but still it just shows what's in my LB already.  I'd really know to know what I have compared to what is known/documented in the LB database.

Side note, is it just a coincidence that there are exactly 3000 arcade games?  That's the number it shows at the bottom of my LB for my Arcade platform.

Edited by Dexll

1 minute ago, Dexll said:

Is there any way to see the total number of titles in the LaunchBox database?  I'd like to understand how complete my collections are.

The problem there is that the database is not complete, so it would not be accurate data. The database is not intended to be a be all and end all of every game ever made, its just there to match up as much as it can to make Launchbox look all pretty. It's not designed to be a absolute 100% correct list of all games ever.

2 minutes ago, Dexll said:

You mean the DB's are not based off any kind of authority or reference like redump, trurip, nointro, or mame -listxml?  Are they essentially just crowed sourced?

The database was originally the same data the gamesdb had, but now has much much more, but yes it is all user contributed data and images.