LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox will not load, bigbox works fine

schtevo

I was adding some new games and not sure what I did but I was modifying Parent information on the new platform and Launchbox just shut down, now it will not start up again.

I have attempted to do a reinstall, at the end of the reinstall it loads up with no games and free version, but if I shut it down it will not start again.

Big box is working fine, all configurations are working.

If I need to delete and start from scratch I'd really like to back up my autohotkey data, I've spent many hours fine tuning this and would hate to have to do it all again, but where does Launchbox store this so I can save it? 

2 minutes ago, schtevo said:

I have attempted to do a reinstall, at the end of the reinstall it loads up with no games and free version, but if I shut it down it will not start again.

If you are seeing the free version then you installed to the wrong location. I'm betting if you look in your Launchbox folder you now have another Launchbox folder, that is the one opening and is empty with no license.

Fixed, when messing with the parent information the xml file became corrupt.

My xml skills not the greatest, but luckily it was only a small error.

I would still like to know where the autohotkey data is stored for future reference if anyone can tell me

25 minutes ago, schtevo said:

Fixed, when messing with the parent information the xml file became corrupt.

My xml skills not the greatest, but luckily it was only a small error.

I would still like to know where the autohotkey data is stored for future reference if anyone can tell me

I would not recommend editing LB xaml files unless absolutely necessary. If you do, always best to back up the original first. AHK will probably be in the Emulator.xaml