LaunchBox Community Forums

tekkentag2.thumb.png.e38c583c046f182a0dbece2c0e1a83b1.pngfancypants.thumb.png.3ffaba42994b3ca19589a8a863e1699d.pngtwistedmetal.thumb.png.75e593c9dd2e212dc25a2d7a85bf43ad.png

How to install:

Download this: PS3BBTrophy.zip

Once downloaded Right click the zip, Properties, Unblock.

Extract the FOLDER "PS3BBTrophy" to Launchbox/Plugins.

Inside the "PS3BBTrophy" folder. Open the "TrophyDir.txt" file. You need to add rpcs3's trophy directory to this file, it should look something like this:

Capture.thumb.PNG.0bb29990eac2fb56e654756d6fed8d15.PNG

Save and close.

Open Launchbox and go to "Tools" and then "Import PS3 Trophies".

Capture5.PNG.83611faaea3dcc72a7cf329bb61ccb17.PNG

First select "Import - Uninstalled".

Wait for the import to complete. If any trophies fail to import, a log file will be created within the plugin directory with the game title of a failed import. Keep in mind early ps3 games didnt support trophies.

If you know a failed import does have trophies, start the game inside rpcs3 once. This will install the trophies to rpcs3. Then use the "Import - Installed" button.

In Launchbox, right click on a game and "View Trophies".

To view trophies inside BigBox, theme files need to be modified. If you dont know how to modify theme files just create a post on this thread telling me what theme you are using and i'll modify the files for you.

BigBox theme Files:

City Hunter 2: 

TextGamesView.zip

Extract the FOLDER "TextGamesView" to "Launchbox/Themes/City Hunter 2/Views"

Neon Deluxe Arcade Final:

TextGamesView.zip

Extract the FOLDER "TextGamesView" to "Launchbox/Themes/Neon Deluxe Arcade Final/Views"

Neon Deluxe Aracde Final Alt Views:

TextGamesView.zip

Extract the FOLDER "TextGamesView" to "Launchbox/Themes/Neon Deluxe Arcade Final - Alt Views/Views"

Notes: 

Only compatible with eboot.bin file format. Not compatible with ISO's.

Edited by jayjay
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is something I've wanting for awhile so thanks for taking the time to create this plugin! However it isn't working for me :/ This error popped up which is in regards to editing the TextGamesView file.

Here is the error if it helps any. Error Again please continue to work on this :) Also if it helps, the theme I'm using is City Hunter.

Sorry @The_Keeper86 I have just modified the city hunter xaml but when I tried this plugin it has issues. Everything is happening twice. Two "view trophies" in textgamesview. The data is being written to file twice. And the worse thing is the data file sometimes is being wiped. Its as if I have 2 of the same plugin installed. I cant figure out why its happening. Until I can figure it out i'll have to remove it. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hey @The_Keeper86. I haven't forgotten about this plugin. As it turns out, the issue with this plugin is a BB issue. That issue isn't fixed yet.

I can use the same method to fix this plugin as we did with the mame hi scores. But it requires me to rewrite it. And also when writing the ps3 importer plugin @klepp0906 let me know that the hdd0 folder can be moved to a different directory as well so will have to adjust for that.

It will be a while til I get to it though as short on time and want to get the hi score plugin complete. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jayjay said:

Hey @The_Keeper86. I haven't forgotten about this plugin. As it turns out, the issue with this plugin is a BB issue. That issue isn't fixed yet.

I can use the same method to fix this plugin as we did with the mame hi scores. But it requires me to rewrite it. And also when writing the ps3 importer plugin @klepp0906 let me know that the hdd0 folder can be moved to a different directory as well so will have to adjust for that.

It will be a while til I get to it though as short on time and want to get the hi score plugin complete. 

Glad to hear that! Take your time no rush :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Is that city hunter 2?

I'll assume its city hunter 2.

Wanna give this a test. 

Download this: Ps3Trophy.zip

Right click on .zip, properties, unblock.

There is 2 folders in the zip.

Move "TextGamesView" folder to Launchbox/Themes/City Hunter 2/Views/

Move "PS3BBTrophy" to Launchbox/Plugins/

In the "PS3BBTrophy" folder there is a .txt named "TrophyDir.txt". Open the txt and replace the path with the path to your trophy directory.

Save and exit.

Open BB and go to a ps3 games menu and select "view trophies".

If there is no issue with the trophies being displayed, the other question is, is the speed in which the trophies display on screen acceptable?

EDIT: You can test the above plugin but i think i will have to change it a bit. My rpcs3 is stored on a different drive and when the drive is a sleep and the plugin looks for the game trophy directory it locks BB up for a few seconds :( 

Edited by jayjay
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 4:10 PM, jayjay said:

Is that city hunter 2?

I'll assume its city hunter 2.

Wanna give this a test. 

Download this: Ps3Trophy.zip

Right click on .zip, properties, unblock.

There is 2 folders in the zip.

Move "TextGamesView" folder to Launchbox/Themes/City Hunter 2/Views/

Move "PS3BBTrophy" to Launchbox/Plugins/

In the "PS3BBTrophy" folder there is a .txt named "TrophyDir.txt". Open the txt and replace the path with the path to your trophy directory.

Save and exit.

Open BB and go to a ps3 games menu and select "view trophies".

If there is no issue with the trophies being displayed, the other question is, is the speed in which the trophies display on screen acceptable?

EDIT: You can test the above plugin but i think i will have to change it a bit. My rpcs3 is stored on a different drive and when the drive is a sleep and the plugin looks for the game trophy directory it locks BB up for a few seconds :( 

Seems to work just fine so far! Appreciate the fast response and fix for this. Anything else I can do to help? Also would it be possible to view the trophies in LB as well? Sorry for the late reply. I never got a notification you replied.

Hey @The_Keeper86

Iv changed how this works... again. 

Now instead of getting the trophy data from rpcs3 directory, I now extract the trophy data from each game directory and import them into LB's directory. There is a few benefits doing it this way but 1 down side too.

The downside is the trophies do take some space, I have 97 games worth of trophies imported into LB directory and it takes up roughly 380mb.

But the benefits are its a bit quicker. Instead of reading up to 50 image files, an xml file and the trophy file, it now reads just 2 files, a dat file that holds all the images and xml details and also reads the trophy file. 

It doesn't need to search rpcs3 directory when viewing trophies so if its stored on a separate drive there wont be an issue with the drive needing to spin up.

All game trophies are now imported, not just the games that have been installed into rpcs3. 

If you want to give it a try replace "BBTrophy.dll" in the plugin folder with this .dll BBTrophy.zip

In LB go to tools, import ps3 trophies. Wait for it to complete may take some time depending on how many games you have. It will import all the trophy files to Launchbox/Images/Sony Playstation 3 Trophies.

Note: I have 107 games. 97 trophies imported fine, 9 games dont have trophies as some early ps3 games didnt support them and I have 1 game that doesnt extract the trophies. I did plan on adding a semi manual method for the games that dont extract but turns out my game (modern warfare 3) doesnt work in rpcs3. Im not sure if its because the game is corrupt or what. 

When import is completed a message box will pop up, if all went well it'll just say import complete, if there is any issue extracting any game it'll warn you and it will create a txt file in the plugin folder with the title of the game(s) it didnt extract. If you do get this txt file try opening the game(s) in rpcs3, if the game does work, let me know and i'll create a method to import the game(s) that dont extract. (I hope all that makes sense).

Also if you delete a game from LB, use the import ps3 trophies again to remove the associated trophy files.

Also you can now view the trophies in LB by right clicking a game and selecting "view trophies".

And just because we can here is a badge plugin that indicates the game has trophies. Its only compatible with LB Betas at the moment but should work when next official is released.

PS3TrophyBadge.zip

Edited by jayjay
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jayjay said:

Hey @The_Keeper86

Iv changed how this works... again. 

Now instead of getting the trophy data from rpcs3 directory, I now extract the trophy data from each game directory and import them into LB's directory. There is a few benefits doing it this way but 1 down side too.

The downside is the trophies do take some space, I have 97 games worth of trophies imported into LB directory and it takes up roughly 380mb.

But the benefits are its a bit quicker. Instead of reading up to 50 image files, an xml file and the trophy file, it now reads just 2 files, a dat file that holds all the images and xml details and also reads the trophy file. 

It doesn't need to search rpcs3 directory when viewing trophies so if its stored on a separate drive there wont be an issue with the drive needing to spin up.

All game trophies are now imported, not just the games that have been installed into rpcs3. 

If you want to give it a try replace "BBTrophy.dll" in the plugin folder with this .dll BBTrophy.zip

In LB go to tools, import ps3 trophies. Wait for it to complete may take some time depending on how many games you have. It will import all the trophy files to Launchbox/Images/Sony Playstation 3 Trophies.

Note: I have 107 games. 97 trophies imported fine, 9 games dont have trophies as some early ps3 games didnt support them and I have 1 game that doesnt extract the trophies. I did plan on adding a semi manual method for the games that dont extract but turns out my game (modern warfare 3) doesnt work in rpcs3. Im not sure if its because the game is corrupt or what. 

When import is completed a message box will pop up, if all went well it'll just say import complete, if there is any issue extracting any game it'll warn you and it will create a txt file in the plugin folder with the title of the game(s) it didnt extract. If you do get this txt file try opening the game(s) in rpcs3, if the game does work, let me know and i'll create a method to import the game(s) that dont extract. (I hope all that makes sense).

Also if you delete a game from LB, use the import ps3 trophies again to remove the associated trophy files.

Also you can now view the trophies in LB by right clicking a game and selecting "view trophies".

And just because we can here is a badge plugin that indicates the game has trophies. Its only compatible with LB Betas at the moment but should work when next official is released.

PS3TrophyBadge.zip 9.8 kB · 1 download

Seems to work great so far! Also like how I can view them in LB now so thanks for that! I didn't get any errors. I also didn't change my directory in the text do I need to change it? Didn't seem to effect anything leaving it as is.

• Like 1

@The_Keeper86

You will need to leave the txt file where it is. When you exit a ps3 game through LB/BB, the plugin copies the needed trophy file (the file that tells us if the trophy is unlock/locked) into the LB directory, overwriting the previous file.  It uses the txt file path to find the trophy file in rpcs3. That reminds me if you play the games outside of LB/BB the trophies wont update. But i thought better to have it copy the file then rooting around in rpcs3 potentially waiting for the hard drive to spin up. 

• Like 1