LaunchBox Community Forums

Multiple installs one one PC.

Capa

I have my main set up on an external drive set as G: and I just unplugged my main drive and tried installing a second install on another drive that i also have set as G:

the new setup is showing all my platforms from my main / previous setup.

Is there a appdata folder or anything that stores this info?

Edited by Capa

You're going to have to walk through the steps of exactly what you did, as Launchbox is designed to be portable, what you're experiencing isn't supposed to happen, and actually seems impossible unless you duplicated your first install and tried to move that to the main drive.

If I had to guess, which I do, you tried to duplicate at least some of the files (maybe so you didn't have to import everything again in your second install). I'm not sure if there is a way to fix that after the fact, but a fresh install should not react to your previous install at all provided they are in different directories.

Edited by fromlostdays

8 hours ago, fromlostdays said:

You're going to have to walk through the steps of exactly what you did, as Launchbox is designed to be portable, what you're experiencing isn't supposed to happen, and actually seems impossible unless you duplicated your first install and tried to move that to the main drive.

If I had to guess, which I do, you tried to duplicate at least some of the files (maybe so you didn't have to import everything again in your second install). I'm not sure if there is a way to fix that after the fact, but a fresh install should not react to your previous install at all provided they are in different directories.

Either that or he is still using the same shortcut to launch, which is a shortcut to the other install.

Sorry my mistake. Both installs are on externals not internal.

So my main drive is set to G:

I unplugged my main drive and plugged in another drive and its set to G: as well. i did a fresh install on the new drive and all my systems are listed in platforms.

it can't be a shortcut from my main install because the drive is unplugged and i ran the launchbox exe from the new drive.

K. Lets get this clear.

You installed launchbox on your G: Drive sometime previous and that is your main install.

You unplugged this drive (not strictly necessary) and plugged in a new external which your computer also assigned as G:

You installed Launchbox on this new G: Drive and it shows the same platforms as the previous install?

1 hour ago, fromlostdays said:

K. Lets get this clear.

You installed launchbox on your G: Drive sometime previous and that is your main install.

You unplugged this drive (not strictly necessary) and plugged in a new external which your computer also assigned as G:

You installed Launchbox on this new G: Drive and it shows the same platforms as the previous install?

Yes that is correct.

That doesn't seem possible. But, I would plug in both drives (if you intend to have them plugged in, I have two separate installs of launchbox on two different drives with no problem by the way). Delete the second install of launchbox. When you reinstall, make sure you're doing it properly, which I believe involves getting an email from the dev. See if it happens again.