LaunchBox Community Forums

Save states?

starfiretbt

Did I hear that launch box will be incorporating save sates? I love video games unfortunately I am lousy at them and when I was a child I had months to "git gud" at a game but now that I am older and finding so many abandoned games I really would prefer to play as many as I could and lessen the time needed to master a game by saving at any moment. Some games are very easy to save for example "Doom" you can save whenever, but other games such as "Wing Commander" you can only save once you beat the level which is hard if you suck.

I know Nintendo and Super Nintendo emulators have save states and it is really nice, I can play dozens of games a year with such a feature, even with my lousy skill. It would be nice for PC games to do that also. Is there a special fund on patreon I can contribute to to make this a reality?

14 minutes ago, starfiretbt said:

Did I hear that launch box will be incorporating save sates? I love video games unfortunately I am lousy at them and when I was a child I had months to "git gud" at a game but now that I am older and finding so many abandoned games I really would prefer to play as many as I could and lessen the time needed to master a game by saving at any moment. Some games are very easy to save for example "Doom" you can save whenever, but other games such as "Wing Commander" you can only save once you beat the level which is hard if you suck.

I know Nintendo and Super Nintendo emulators have save states and it is really nice, I can play dozens of games a year with such a feature, even with my lousy skill. It would be nice for PC games to do that also. Is there a special fund on patreon I can contribute to to make this a reality?

There is no patreon to contribute. You can support the dev by purchasing a license (annual or lifetime). 

Save states are currently in place. However, it is more a case of if the emulator (such as within Mame, Retroarch, etc...) has a save state function built in you can now load/save from within the new Pause Screen feature built into Launchbox/BigBox.