LaunchBox Community Forums

Changing the Standard Emulator doesn't work

PeZedd

Hello,

thank you for Launchbox and all your work that goes into it. I'm lovin it so far. Unfortunately one thing doens't work for me. If I import a Plattform and set a Standard Emulator for this Plattform i can't change this choice afterwards unless i import the plattform again. For example i imported the ColecoVision with Mame as the Emulator and i wanted to change it to Retroarch. I turned the checkmark for Standard Emulator for ColecoVison off and set the checkmark for Standard Emulator for Retroarch. Then when i'm in Launchbox and double click on a Game it still starts with MAME. I can choose Retroarch only in the Start with Section.

This happens on every plattform i import. Is there anything i can do to change the plattform without importing it all over again?

Thank you for your help.

6 minutes ago, PeZedd said:

Hello,

thank you for Launchbox and all your work that goes into it. I'm lovin it so far. Unfortunately one thing doens't work for me. If I import a Plattform and set a Standard Emulator for this Plattform i can't change this choice afterwards unless i import the plattform again. For example i imported the ColecoVision with Mame as the Emulator and i wanted to change it to Retroarch. I turned the checkmark for Standard Emulator for ColecoVison off and set the checkmark for Standard Emulator for Retroarch. Then when i'm in Launchbox and double click on a Game it still starts with MAME. I can choose Retroarch only in the Start with Section.

This happens on every plattform i import. Is there anything i can do to change the plattform without importing it all over again?

Thank you for your help.

The default checkbox is for imports only, it wont change the emulator after you have imported. To do that just select the platform on the left and click a game in it, then CTRL A to highlight all the games in the platform and right click one and choose edit, this will open the bulk edit wizard. Click next then choose emulator from the dropdown and the emulator to be used from the second dropdown that appears, finish out the wizard.

10 minutes ago, PeZedd said:

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

Edited: Neil got you covered in his response.