LaunchBox Community Forums

Scraping and region priority settings

Mr. RetroLust

I'm having a problem (or rather my brain does not compute, that happens a lot lol "computer says no"), when scraping I like it to download each and every image from the database so I can choose afterwards what I like to keep. This worked in the past as far as I'm aware of but now I noticed i'm missing images, I know something changed in region priority settings not to long ago, so my region priority settings are all blank so no priority is given to any region (I figure then everything would be downloaded). Most images will be downloaded correctly but I noticed the proper front covers for the following NES games where not being downloaded (only some japanese versions of the covers, not the euro or north america covers)

Duck Hunt
Excitebike
Popeye
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Wild Gunman
Wrecking Crew

It really puzzles me as they are all classic nintendo games, why does it happen to these I wonder or is it just that I can remember what they looked like back in the day? 

@Jason Carr @neil9000 Hope you can help me out, am I missing something in how the priority settings and database work, or is there an issue?

Thanks for reading ?

1 minute ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

I'm having a problem (or rather my brain does not compute, that happens a lot lol "computer says no"), when scraping I like it to download each and every image from the database so I can choose afterwards what I like to keep. This worked in the past as far as I'm aware of but now I noticed i'm missing images, I know something changed in region priority settings not to long ago, so my region priority settings are all blank so no priority is given to any region (I figure then everything would be downloaded). Most images will be downloaded correctly but I noticed the proper front covers for the following NES games where not being downloaded (only some japanese versions of the covers, not the euro or north america covers)

Duck Hunt
Excitebike
Popeye
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Wild Gunman
Wrecking Crew

It really puzzles me as they are all classic nintendo games, why does it happen to these I wonder or is it just that I can remember what they looked like back in the day? 

@Jason Carr @neil9000 Hope you can help me out, am I missing something in how the priority settings and database work, or is there an issue?

Thanks for reading ?

I would imagine you would want all those regions checked, not unchecked.

• Like 1