LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Windows Focus issue

ClassicGMR

same with launchbox.  if i end the game with focus on another window, launchbox itself doesnt have focus after the shutdown screen.

half way there.  if we can get each of those to effectively grab lb/bb after the initial focus is changed back to the startup screen that would be splendid.

3 hours ago, jayjay said:

try this:

if WinExist("LaunchBox Game Startup")
{
	WinActivate
	WinWaitClose, LaunchBox Game Startup
}

if WinExist("LaunchBox")
{
	WinActivate
}

if WinExist("LaunchBox Big Box")
{
	WinActivate
}

ExitApp

that one seems to be the ticket.  Sinceeeeeere thank you.  Drove me nuts and I was always stuck operating with concessions in one area or another.   Now i dont have to ❤️

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

After updating BigBox I have the lost focus issue. I have to get a mouse, open my cabs back plate, unplug my BT dongle for my xbox controllers, plug in the mouse, & click it on every game exit.

I had the issue years back & a post from a hero named  @jayjay fixed it. He had a single .dll & a single .ahk in a zip file. From what I gather through my attempts is the Auto HotKey moved to the Third Party folder & broke his original fix.

Ive tried mixing & matching al the scripts & downloads in this thread. I tried to edit his old .dll. It has became impossible to follow this thread if youre just coming in to the thread.

Is there any way 1 of you wizards can make me a simple zip folder w/ the proper .dll & .ahk please? I will erase my current plugins & auto hotkey .ahks.

All I need is for the mouse to click after exiting a game like I manualy do. I dont care if I get a cursor or not. I dont care about screen fickers. I dont care if I need to turn off or on startup screens. I Just need the mouse clicked to refocus BigBox.

Im so frustrated Im going to drill a hole & buy a long usb male to female splitter or a bluetooth keyboard just for this. It loses focus after every game & renders a cab I spent 3 years on unusable.

Thank you to anybody that solved this & may find it in your heart to help me. I certainly appreciate you guys for helping others & Im thankful for jayjay solving it a few years back.

UPDATE - I will also say when i open the script via double click it brings BigBox to the front & its in focus. Therefore I think the script is correct. Its something in the .dll thats not activating or executing the script named RegainFocus.

@jayjay @JoeViking245 @Kiinkyfoxx

@Lf indy

Try putting LaunchScript.dll into Plugins folder - its the one I use that jayjay made before and works with LaunchBox Version 13

And then rename whatever script you use to OnGameExit.ahk and put that in the Third Party AutoHotKey folder

The one I've uploaded below is the old RegainFocus.ahk with an extra Click put in it and renamed.

I've taken all the mouse cursor stuff out of what I use

Good luck, and I take no credit as this is stuff that other people have sorted and I've just uploaded

LaunchScript.dll OnGameExit.ahk