LaunchBox Community Forums

Pause Screen Resolutions

DarthWHAT

Hey guys, so on a bunch of my mame roms, when I hit the pause screen, the fonts is huge (like below) and does the ... run off thing. But for some other mame roms the pause screen shows like it normally should where everything is smaller and you can see everything, Any ideas?

IMG_0986.jpg

On 6/18/2019 at 1:19 PM, Retro808 said:

I definitely have not seen that, but then again I do not use pause on every game I have played. Can you name a few it occurs on? 

Cadillacs and dinosaurs, smash tv, metal slug but it’s a lot of them that does it. The only games I recall that it’s fine on is killer instinct and mortal kombat but theres probably more here and there. I will check to see if it’s just MAME or other emulators are effected

Yes I'm using the stock 1up screen with a LCD board via HDMI cable. Now that you mention it, I do notice that just as I start a new game in mame "sometimes" it will show what the signal connection the screen detected then disappear,, like when you switch your input from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 on your TV. I'll try to mess with the mame video settings and relaunch it in LB and see if anything changes. Its just weird that all of my roms are set to auto resolution and perform all normal when playing.

• 1 month later...

I believe this is a scaling and or dpi issue. I had this issue with my pause screen menu program, It took a lot of work to fix it so the menu would automatically adjust. Is your font settings for you computer larger than 100%?  If so try setting it back to 100% and see if that helps.

• 1 month later...

I am having a similar problem i use a 4k monitor all scaling settings are set to 100% at 3840x2160... Everything else is fine but when i press the pause menu button the whole pause menu pops up the the upper left quadrant of the screen... also the manuals are the same when i press view manual it displays in the upper left quadrant any help would be greatly appreciated