LaunchBox Community Forums

How to add XBOX Game Pass PC Games?

Bellingham

With the new XBOX Game Pass Ultimate account, you can install certain Game Pass titles on a PC as well as the XBOX -- is there any way to add them to LB yet? I may be missing something obvious but I can't seem to find a way to locate them on my PC and then point LB at them. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, SirTay said:

I would also like to know this.  Might currently be a challenge with the way Game Pass is designed.  I don't think we have full control over the .exe files, but hopefully someone is able to figure it out.  

The .exe are stored here, C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. However due to there nature they can not be simply dragged and dropped to Launchbox like other .exe's. There is a work around however, if you right click them and choose create shortcut it will say it cant create a shortcut here and do you want to put it on the desktop? So do that, you could just make a folder called Windows Games or something and just drop in all the shortcuts you want to create and drag and drop that folder to Launchbox to import all the games you created shortcuts for.

• Like 2

On 8/7/2019 at 8:41 AM, neil9000 said:

Sorry my mistake, you need to access the folder via command prompt first.

shell:AppsFolder

image.thumb.png.fa7056fa9fd3cb7d89ffa9415e08d347.pngWhich takes you here where you can create the shortcuts from.

image.thumb.png.c8abbfb99dcb3ca8cc90df1c2d76f467.pngForza Horizon 4 in my Gamepass.

image.thumb.png.24cbe07345d0357032b9162381b8e627.pngAnd here it is imported into Launchbox.

image.thumb.png.77967ac61dca0f6b223f906acc644ede.png

Thanks, seems really easy... i'll try this later.

On 8/7/2019 at 6:41 AM, neil9000 said:

Sorry my mistake, you need to access the folder via command prompt first.

shell:AppsFolder

image.thumb.png.fa7056fa9fd3cb7d89ffa9415e08d347.pngWhich takes you here where you can create the shortcuts from.

image.thumb.png.c8abbfb99dcb3ca8cc90df1c2d76f467.pngForza Horizon 4 in my Gamepass.

image.thumb.png.24cbe07345d0357032b9162381b8e627.pngAnd here it is imported into Launchbox.

image.thumb.png.77967ac61dca0f6b223f906acc644ede.png

This worked wonders.  Thanks so much.  Now my LB PC collection is complete!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

This tip saved me some frustration! I have a game pass account, but it will not let me open the folder directory to where the games are installed to add them into Launchbox. Adding the shortcuts resolved! THIS COMMUNITY AND LAUNCHBOX OWNS!!! :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 5/15/2020 at 6:08 PM, neosean99 said:

This tip saved me some frustration! I have a game pass account, but it will not let me open the folder directory to where the games are installed to add them into Launchbox. Adding the shortcuts resolved! THIS COMMUNITY AND LAUNCHBOX OWNS!!! :)

You can now just right click games in the gamepass sidebar to create desktop shortcuts.

• Like 1