LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch - How to turn off bilinear filtering for all cores?

XC-3730C

A lot of retro systems use Retroarch, and it seems like bilinear filtering is set to on by default for every core (which makes the pixel graphics blurry). Is there a way to turn off bilinear filtering for all supported cores without having to do it for each core one at a time?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, XC-3730C said:

A lot of retro systems use Retroarch, and it seems like bilinear filtering is set to on by default for every core (which makes the pixel graphics blurry). Is there a way to turn off bilinear filtering for all supported cores without having to do it for each core one at a time?

Thanks!

Its in Settings/Video, a simple on/off toggle. Turn it off with no core loaded and save the config.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, XC-3730C said:

Yea I did that, but it doesn't seem have any effect

It definitely does, its one of the first options i change in retroarch as i hate how blurry it makes everything look. Maybe you are using a shader as well so it looks like it is still on?

I can successfully turn off bilinear filter for each core individually (I have to be within a game and then change it), but when I load up RetroArch with no core selected, turningvoff bilinear filtering has no effect when I then  load up a core.

34 minutes ago, XC-3730C said:

I can successfully turn off bilinear filter for each core individually (I have to be within a game and then change it), but when I load up RetroArch with no core selected, turningvoff bilinear filtering has no effect when I then  load up a core.

Then it sounds like what @DOS76 said, that you have some overrides setup in which the filtering is on. Changing it with a core loaded and saving a core override will only change it for that core, doing it without a core loaded will turn it off globally for all cores, unless you have overrides for cores that are overriding that default setting.

Also do you have Retroarch set to to save a config on exit? If so turn that off, so that it only saves settings when you want it to.