LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Model 3 and Xbox 360 button mappings?

XC-3730C

Does anyone have a list of what buttons in SuperModel 3 correspond to what buttons on an Xbox 360 controller? I am especially interested in trying to figure out how to properly map the break and accelerate to the L and R triggers. I can use the UI to configure the buttons, but I can't seem to figure out how to map L and R triggers.

Thanks!

Your talking the triggers right? and not the shoulder buttons?

Per that link I had (and under the "Basic Usage" link under help) the shoulders are 'built-in' but to get the triggers to work, you need to add to the command line

-input system=xinput

Plan B is to just configure them manually.

supermodel -config-inputs -input-system=xinput

..and follow the prompts.

Plan C... check their forum ;)  https://www.supermodel3.com/Forum/index.php

@XC-3730C I got curious and thought I'd check it out 1st hand.  Here's what I found:

---edited--- (corrected)

Right trigger is    JOY1_RZAXIS_POS 

Left trigger is     JOY1_ZAXIS_POS

Just add those respectively in your Supermodel.ini file on the lines 

InputAccelerator = "KEY_UP, JOY1_RZAXIS_POS"
InputBrake = "KEY_DOWN, JOY1_ZAXIS_POS"

Adding those to the ini file and using the following command, for me the xbox 360 triggers works for gas/brake.

Supermodel daytona2.zip -input-system=xinput

I got to messing with the Force Feedback feature and it works great for those 3 games they list.  I've add to my Supermodel.ini file:

[ Global ]

; my oddball monitor default resolution
XResolution = 1680
YResolution = 1050

FullScreen = 1

; add force feedback for the xbox 360 controller
ForceFeedback = 1
XInputConstForceThreshold = 30
XInputConstForceMax = 100
XInputVibrateMax = 100

The resolution and FullScreen can be in the command line or here.

AND... thanks to you, I discovered a new emulator that opens up new games. Games I apparently already had (in my Full Set) that otherwise didn't work.  :) Thank you.   Gotta love learning something new everyday!!!

Edited by JoeViking245
  • Thanks 2

@XC-3730C Can you show us your Supermodel.ini file?  My thinkin' is "it's just gotta work." :)  

Open Supermodel.ini in a text editor.  Highlight all (Ctrl+A) and copy (Ctrl+C).  In your reply here, click the Insert Code 'button' (<>) and then paste the contents (Ctrl+V).image.thumb.png.ebe5d1ad6d7afc11adcc7a0de47b4316.png 

Also, there's a newer version of Supermodel that's not on their main download page.  I'm not sure if it'll make any difference here, but there is a 7.5 year spread between the two.  The latest can be found on their forums here.  It's the 1st link in the tread  "SVN 775 Release".  The OP was in 2016, but the link is newer.

If you right click Supermodel.exe, and select Properties, look at the Date Created.  (SVN 775 is the March one)image.thumb.png.40309452a88458ef4e9b31f6d9ffea41.png

• 3 years later...
On 6/28/2019 at 4:13 PM, JoeViking245 said:

@XC-3730C I got curious and thought I'd check it out 1st hand.  Here's what I found:

---edited--- (corrected)

Right trigger is    JOY1_RZAXIS_POS 

Left trigger is     JOY1_ZAXIS_POS

Just add those respectively in your Supermodel.ini file on the lines 

InputAccelerator = "KEY_UP, JOY1_RZAXIS_POS"
InputBrake = "KEY_DOWN, JOY1_ZAXIS_POS"

Adding those to the ini file and using the following command, for me the xbox 360 triggers works for gas/brake.

Supermodel daytona2.zip -input-system=xinput

I got to messing with the Force Feedback feature and it works great for those 3 games they list.  I've add to my Supermodel.ini file:

[ Global ]

; my oddball monitor default resolution
XResolution = 1680
YResolution = 1050

FullScreen = 1

; add force feedback for the xbox 360 controller
ForceFeedback = 1
XInputConstForceThreshold = 30
XInputConstForceMax = 100
XInputVibrateMax = 100

The resolution and FullScreen can be in the command line or here.

AND... thanks to you, I discovered a new emulator that opens up new games. Games I apparently already had (in my Full Set) that otherwise didn't work.  :) Thank you.   Gotta love learning something new everyday!!!

Hi there, I know this is a pretty old post but is this still relevant? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to set up my Xbox One X/S controller to play Star Wars Trilogy and Daytona.

I attempted to use the cmd option and I was able to get the controller to set for analog left and right but when it says to leave it in the middle it fails. I'm out of ideas with that one tbh.

Anyhoo if you are able to assist I would love that. 

3 hours ago, thecouchleague said:

Hi there, I know this is a pretty old post but is this still relevant? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to set up my Xbox One X/S controller to play Star Wars Trilogy and Daytona.

I attempted to use the cmd option and I was able to get the controller to set for analog left and right but when it says to leave it in the middle it fails. I'm out of ideas with that one tbh.

Anyhoo if you are able to assist I would love that. 

Try using the Sega Model 3 UI frontend. You can download it here.