LaunchBox Community Forums

UPDATING ISSUES

shadowfire36

I recently updated to 9.10  and i had the exact same issue happen when i up the last few times, so i was wondering if anyone has had something similar

1st>I run launch box> auto update starts >I hit cancel update> and my launchbox no longer runs >everything is wiped and then i restore from backs ups. 

after

2>I update metadata and all of my boxes change to the japanese boxes after i click on any games .

anyone ? 

I have to admit I'm extremely confused on this, as none of it makes any sense and I've never heard of any users having either of those issues. If you're on 9.10, though, there should be no updates prompting, as 9.10 is the latest. Let's start there. Are you on 9.10 and still seeing update prompts?

On 7/16/2019 at 8:04 PM, shadowfire36 said:

I recently updated to 9.10  and i had the exact same issue happen when i up the last few times, so i was wondering if anyone has had something similar

1st>I run launch box> auto update starts >I hit cancel update> and my launchbox no longer runs >everything is wiped and then i restore from backs ups. 

after

2>I update metadata and all of my boxes change to the japanese boxes after i click on any games .

anyone ? 

I updated today as well. and suddenly my launchbox whould not load at all.  i  have a older system, but well inside the specs.  i tried to install the previous version through the update folder. but the installation cancelled itself out.  so i went back more versions, and the last 2018 version installed properly and worked as a charm.  wierd . i am not sure if i dare to accept further updates from now on

8 minutes ago, retromage krisiun said:

I updated today as well. and suddenly my launchbox whould not load at all.  i  have a older system, but well inside the specs.  i tried to install the previous version through the update folder. but the installation cancelled itself out.  so i went back more versions, and the last 2018 version installed properly and worked as a charm.  wierd . i am not sure if i dare to accept further updates from now on

Can always back up your folder first, if you're skiddish. Without more information, there's not much I can do to troubleshoot.

I think it has to do when it deploys... it seems to over something and then it hangs up causing the wipe , i notice some time i have to re-direct my update cause i store it on my d:\ .  i have a back up but man it is a pain to restore when you have over 60 systems and 10k+. if you can tell me what steps your looking for i can write it down , i thought my steps above where pretty clear >?

A possible different back up method?? my main bet peavy is that all of my snes , nes ,sms ,and MD , switched regions for the box art , i need a method to remove all non US box art  

23 hours ago, shadowfire36 said:

I think it has to do when it deploys... it seems to over something and then it hangs up causing the wipe , i notice some time i have to re-direct my update cause i store it on my d:\ .  i have a back up but man it is a pain to restore when you have over 60 systems and 10k+. if you can tell me what steps your looking for i can write it down , i thought my steps above where pretty clear >?

A possible different back up method?? my main bet peavy is that all of my snes , nes ,sms ,and MD , switched regions for the box art , i need a method to remove all non US box art  

The first step would be to answer the original question I posted above:

On 7/16/2019 at 11:40 AM, Jason Carr said:

I have to admit I'm extremely confused on this, as none of it makes any sense and I've never heard of any users having either of those issues. If you're on 9.10, though, there should be no updates prompting, as 9.10 is the latest. Let's start there. Are you on 9.10 and still seeing update prompts?