LaunchBox Community Forums

How to run teknoparrot silently ?

philby85

13 hours ago, philby85 said:

Hi All,

Launching and running games via teknoparrot and bigbox all working fine. Windows 7 ( launchbox 9.10) However the teknoparrot ui shows when launching. Is there a way to hide the UI ? 

Are you talking the Teknoparrot UI window or any secondary command prompts that may open?

When calling Teknoparrot using the --profile= option the UI shouldn't open.

In your Emulator settings for Teknoparrot, if you use the hide command window options and enable game loading screen, you shouldn't see any Teknoparrot related loading screens,

7 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

Are you talking the Teknoparrot UI window or any secondary command prompts that may open?

When calling Teknoparrot using the --profile= option the UI shouldn't open.

In your Emulator settings for Teknoparrot, if you use the hide command window options and enable game loading screen, you shouldn't see any Teknoparrot related loading screens,

I have hide command windows checked, they aren’t seen. The only window that pops up is the the game running screen with the progress bar. Thanks for the replies.

• 5 months later...
On 8/9/2019 at 5:01 PM, philby85 said:

I have hide command windows checked, they aren’t seen. The only window that pops up is the the game running screen with the progress bar. Thanks for the replies.

FYI, if you set a longer time for the LB startup screen to stay on screen, you can hide the TeknoParrot game running screen completely.

As soon as the game in TeknoParrot goes into exclusive full screen mode, the LB startup screen will end.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Headrush69 said:
On 8/10/2019 at 7:01 AM, philby85 said:

FYI, if you set a longer time for the LB startup screen to stay on screen, you can hide the TeknoParrot game running screen completely.

As soon as the game in TeknoParrot goes into exclusive full screen mode, the LB startup screen will end

Thank you so much for this tip, does the job !

• 1 year later...
On 2/8/2020 at 8:11 PM, philby85 said:

Thank you so much for this tip, does the job !

Does this work for anyone else? If I set the startup delay for Teknoparrot games to more than 5 seconds, the game does not start correctly. If I do less than 5 seconds, it does but then you still see the TP loading windows. 

33 minutes ago, jorgenjl said:

Does this work for anyone else? If I set the startup delay for Teknoparrot games to more than 5 seconds, the game does not start correctly. If I do less than 5 seconds, it does but then you still see the TP loading windows. 

Are you playing exclusive full screen with Teknoparrot? (no window mode or borderless full screen)

Which settings have you enabled in LB's startup screen settings? Depending on specific games you may or may not need to turn off Aggressive Window hiding or Hide all but exclusive full screen options.