LaunchBox Community Forums

Giving up on LB

Jeppe

Premium user

Clean install with PC (i7, ssd, gtx 1050ti, 16gb ram)

Clean install LB

Importing 1(!) romfile - N64 007', 45min now and nothing…. I know i am not the first one having this issue… Annoying as hell. Looking for alternatives for frontend. Sad to see LB has gotten worse since i first used it. Stopped using it many months ago for having this exact same problem and it is STILL the same? (sorry for ranting but this sucks)

There is nothing wrong with Launchbox and it works absolutely fine. When you say 45 minutes what are you referring to? Do you mean the media downloads? If so that sounds like a issue connecting to the database on your end, as the database is up and working fine.

I have both Goldeneye 007 and 007 The World Is Not Enough imported just fine for N64, so as i said this sounds more like a issue on your end, is your firewall blocking Launchbox from connecting to the game database?

664590023_ScreenShot08-18-19at11_56AM.thumb.PNG.6eb8aae7d8f2641bfb6f440eb0796969.PNG

Yeah it´s the scraping thats killing me. FW is OFF. Scraping in Retroarch and Emulationstation works perfect. Import into LB works if media is not tagged

Having gigs of roms you kinda want the imports of media to work but LB just stands still, nothing happens...

36 minutes ago, Jeppe said:

Yeah it´s the scraping thats killing me. FW is OFF. Scraping in Retroarch and Emulationstation works perfect. Import into LB works if media is not tagged

Having gigs of roms you kinda want the imports of media to work but LB just stands still, nothing happens...

Have you tried turning off your system, turning off modem and (in case) router and boot them back up one by one? Sometimes this helps when certain sites or internet services won't work properly.

27 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Have you tried turning off your system, turning off modem and (in case) router and boot them back up one by one? Sometimes this helps when certain sites or internet services won't work properly.

Will do a test tonight 

• Like 1