LaunchBox Community Forums

CHD files

Alltattedup

Hello everyone,  I recently tried to convert ISO to CHD using chdman.  Put CHD file in dlair folder with parent rom present.  MAME gives a fatal error which says I need to compress with a/v codec.  I also chdman .cue --input to CHD and still doesnt work.  Any suggestions or sites I can check out that have the proper CHD file.  dlair.zip-dlair folder.   Thanks 

Many of the Laserdisc games are not working in MAME. In particular, Dragon's Lair is non-working.  See here

We are stuck with Daphne at moment if want working Dragon's Lair game. 

Additionally, MAME looks for specific checksums for the various files it needs, so you have to make sure whatever you convert via CHD is a source file that MAME was looking for, not just by name. CLRMAME or other ROM managers will validate if files you have are what MAME expects to see.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 8:49 PM, sundogak said:

Many of the Laserdisc games are not working in MAME. In particular, Dragon's Lair is non-working.  See here

We are stuck with Daphne at moment if want working Dragon's Lair game. 

Additionally, MAME looks for specific checksums for the various files it needs, so you have to make sure whatever you convert via CHD is a source file that MAME was looking for, not just by name. CLRMAME or other ROM managers will validate if files you have are what MAME expects to see.

Thanks for your reply.  I've got Cobra Command, Cliff Hanger, M.A.C.H. 3, Esh and other MAME games that require CHD files.  I have them working on MAME.  I've read that Daphne is not running Dragon's Lair on it's full potential.  The images/scenes are compressed.  MAME runs the laserdisc games to it's full potential.  The Laserdisc games i have on MAME are 100% like the originals.   I have an .iso for Dragon's Lair.  Like what you said...  Need to know what MAME is looking for in these .iso files to create a CHD.  

Edited by Alltattedup

14 hours ago, Alltattedup said:

Need to know what MAME is looking for in these .iso files to create a CHD.  

Currently, MAME does NOT run Dragon's Lair.

To find the roms and a checksum for the files any mame game needs:

>mame64.exe -listroms dlair

Name                                   Size Checksum
dl_f2_u1.bin                           8192 CRC(f5ea3b9d) SHA1(c0cafff8b2982125fd3314ffc66681e47f027fc9)
dl_f2_u2.bin                           8192 CRC(dcc1dff2) SHA1(614ca8f6c5b6fa1d590f6b80d731377faa3a65a9)
dl_f2_u3.bin                           8192 CRC(ab514e5b) SHA1(29d1015b951f0f2d4e5257497f3bf007c5e2262c)
dl_f2_u4.bin                           8192 CRC(f5ec23d2) SHA1(71149e2d359cc5944fbbb53dd7d0c2b42fbc9bb4)
dlair                                       NO GOOD DUMP KNOWN
z03_1001_vyw-053_v1-0.bin              8192 CRC(31ec4687) SHA1(52f91c304a878ba02b2fa1cda1a9489d6dd5a34f)

In this case, no good dump in MAME for the CHD yet.

• 1 year later...

the only daphne LD chd's you can obtain and play with mame is Cliffhanger and Esh's Aurunmilla.  they are awesome games and play perfect.  Esh's Aurunmilla is as close to dragon's lair you can get.  it's a guy named don who looks just like dirk carrying a sword and trying to save the girl/princess.  check those out to fill your drangon's lair itch.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...