LaunchBox Community Forums

Launch file contains -1

WillyT

Perfect Dark is the only game I have in my Nintendo 64 file that freezes when loading through Retroarch. It is also the only file i have where the launch file reads: Games\Nintendo 64\Perfect Dark(USA)(Rev A)-1.n64      The -1 is where it's different from all of the other launch files for all of the other Nintendo 64 games i have, all of which work fantastically. Has anyone ever had this situation? I'm not sure if it's an issue, but i have heard from one obscure source that it is, and specifically relative to not launching. I don't know exactly what to do about it though.

Edited by WillyT

On 8/23/2019 at 4:22 PM, WillyT said:

Perfect Dark is the only game I have in my Nintendo 64 file that freezes when loading through Retroarch. It is also the only file i have where the launch file reads: Games\Nintendo 64\Perfect Dark(USA)(Rev A)-1.n64      The -1 is where it's different from all of the other launch files for all of the other Nintendo 64 games i have, all of which work fantastically. Has anyone ever had this situation? I'm not sure if it's an issue, but i have heard from one obscure source that it is, and specifically relative to not launching. I don't know exactly what to do about it though.

Have you tried to rename the file removing the -1  and then make sure Launchbox is linked to the file with the new name?

That rom in my set is simply named: Perfect Dark (USA) (Rev A).n64 and works fine.

I did that and hit OK and the change confirmation window popped up and I approved the change and it still freezes at launch. So then I deleted all the files for that rom, imported another one that corrupted 7zip and most of the files in my 64 folder. I'll just keep trying until I have learned everything about this ;} 

Edited by WillyT

My Perfect Dark.zip contains the file
Perfect Dark (V1.1) (U) [!].v64
which works with both RA (mupen64plus_libretro core) and Project64
I can't recall where I sourced it, but Vimms Lair does the game zip containing the file
Perfect Dark (USA) (Rev 1).z64
and this also works with RA and Project64.

If you're interested in other regions and alt versions, then see Edge Emulation.