LaunchBox Community Forums

1 platform, few games question

boslaw

Noob here - I would like to set up my machine for a single platform (arcade), with a short list of games. The user shouldn't have to select "arcade" platform before seeing the list of games. Is this possible? Sorry if it has previously been asked. I couldn't find the answer. 

Also, I have an xml with a short list of games that I use with Hyper. Can I use the same xml with BigBox? If so, how (I've already imported all mame roms, so I assume I have to delete/replace some existing xml with the new xml)

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, boslaw said:

Also, I have an xml with a short list of games that I use with Hyper. Can I use the same xml with BigBox?

No, you can not use a .xml from another program with Launchbox.

5 minutes ago, boslaw said:

I would like to set up my machine for a single platform (arcade), with a short list of games. The user shouldn't have to select "arcade" platform before seeing the list of games. Is this possible?

If you only have one platform you can set Bigbox to open to the "All Games" section via the options.

34 minutes ago, boslaw said:

Thanks. So how do I create my short list of games? I have to do this manually? Short = approx 75 games. It seems really inefficient to do this click by click on my arcade.

If you imported all the games and only want to show a curated list you can create a playlist of those games and set the startup view to Playlist in BigBox. 

how do I create a playlist? This seems like a very obvious feature that most people would need but I can't find any info anywhere about how to actually do it, and there are no obvious menus/commands for this in launch/big box

Ok, hopefully last questions. 

In the attached pictures, you can see that I have my playlist set to be sorted by Title, yet the games are all somehow grouped by version or some other grouping, and as a result, when the player scrolls through the list, they don't appear in alpha order because they're jumping to different groupings. How do I enforce strict alpha order in my playlist?

Also, I've got BigBox configured to start with Playlists, but there doesn't appear to be any option to start with a specific playlist, so when BigBox opens, it goes to the Retrotastic screen that I uploaded, with no indication that button press is required to actually open the playlist. I would like BigBox to launch directly into my playlist of games so the user can simply start scrolling through the available games, alphabetically. 

Is this possible?

IMG_5886.jpg

IMG_5885.jpg

IMG_5883.jpg

IMG_5882.jpg