LaunchBox Community Forums

Change only big box options menu theme

TheGiftOfGod

1 hour ago, Gplayjay21 said:

Im wondering if there is a way to change only the big box options/settings menus to have their own personal theme aside from what big boxes main theme is 

Yes, theme designers can make a unique options screen for their themes and edit the specific xaml for the options. You cannot edit the BigBox default themes though. These will not allow changes to ensure BigBox always has a valid running theme. You can copy the whole theme folder and name it anything you want then edit it. 

Ok thanks i was looking for a simple way to edit it the themes keep one themes options settings menu and anothers actual big box interface for the rest of the view for example i was trying to use neon arcades options/settings menu with CoinOps interface for the rest i kind of have it partially working with some of the settings you guys have but what you just told me seems a little complex is this is my second day with premium and i love it has so much customization

38 minutes ago, Gplayjay21 said:

Ok thanks i was looking for a simple way to edit it the themes keep one themes options settings menu and anothers actual big box interface for the rest of the view for example i was trying to use neon arcades options/settings menu with CoinOps interface for the rest i kind of have it partially working with some of the settings you guys have but what you just told me seems a little complex is this is my second day with premium and i love it has so much customization

You can do that, if you pick Neon Deluxe Arcade as your main theme then go to a platform and use the key/button you've set (bigbox/options/controls) to switch theme. You will have to switch theme per platform but big box should remember each theme you've chosen per platform.

5 minutes ago, Gplayjay21 said:

I have that as of now but i was trying to get the platform select list to change to but it ends up changing the options settings menu 

Yes it will as that will be the base theme, you cant have different platform view theme and options screen as they are one and the same. You can however have the actual game lists for platforms use a different theme, but whatever you use as the platforms view will also be the options view.

• Like 1

@Gplayjay21 To get what you want is possible. You would copy over images, fonts, and certin xamls from the Neon theme, then edit them to show the correct relative paths and a few other tweaks to keep the theme from breaking. It is possible, just will take some manipulation on the back end. Not something done in the UI. 

I did something similar with a couple themes. 

2 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@Gplayjay21 To get what you want is possible. You would copy over images, fonts, and certin xamls from the Neon theme, then edit them to show the correct relative paths and a few other tweaks to keep the theme from breaking. It is possible, just will take some manipulation on the back end. Not something done in the UI. 

I did something similar with a couple themes. 

I would need some type of guide or something i dont have enough knowledge of what would go where and what to edit do you think itd be too much to figure it out