LaunchBox Community Forums

SNK Neo Geo AES black screen...

KillerQ

Jason, 

Thanks for the quick response. I don't have it in there... 

However, the games now load and play flawlessly through LB using the FBA2012 core... But OONNLLYY if I disable the "extract ROM archives" option in LB. 

Hope that helps! 

Since ujhave your ear... Let me ask you this, I noticed that RA has an option to treat the same. NEO GEO rom as AES or MVS, and you can change that on the fly. As you may have guessed, it seems to turn it from arcade into console as the mvs version you have to enter credits with a select button, etc... 

That being said, does launchbox care if you use the mvs or AES version of Neo Geo? I have a feeling that you could load one of the other in launchbox and label it what you want so you might think you're moving over the AES files but you're actually moving over the mvs files that you incorrectly put there in the first place. Since both versions will undoubtedly work on a computer, might not realize that you using one or the other... 

Just food for thought 

Edited by KillerQ

On 9/13/2019 at 11:48 AM, Jason Carr said:

Ah, that makes sense. Yes, MAME-style ROMs will absolutely require extracting ROMs to not be enabled.

Good question on AES vs. MVS. I haven't really played with the platform much yet, but I'll keep that in mind.

Thank you and I'm glad I could help! That's why I love being an obsessive beta tester... Everyone always wins! 

Edited by KillerQ
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Has this been fixed yet? I've been trying to add Neo Geo games but all I get is a black screen when I start up the game through Launchbox. It works fine directly through Retroarch. One thing I noticed is that when I import the games it skips the bios neogeo.zip file. Could it be it somehow skips this in when it scans the folder for games? (still new to this). Like does it knowingly skip the bios because it knows it's the bios or does it actually not include it when its scanning hence the screen going black?

Edited by Pilgore