LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.23 Released

Jason Carr

Hey all, just wanted to announce that I've uploaded version 0.23 to the Play Store, with the following:

• New long-press menu is available in the platforms list (either by touch or by holding down the A button on a controller)
  • Platforms can now be deleted via the long-press menu in the platforms list, and you can choose whether or not to delete images and game files
  • Fixed controllers not working properly after selecting Exit from the main menu and restarting

This version took significantly longer than I was hoping to put out, because I had to basically reinvent the wheel to get the long-press functionality to work. But now that we have that mechanic working, it'll be easy to incorporate elsewhere as well (such as for deleting games).

I'll also be looking to add some more emulators (and fix the ones that I previously removed) for the next version. Enjoy. :)

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, drowhunter said:

So how do you get the beta version of the desktop app,  i click on download and put in my email but is that for the non-beta version?

Just go into Options in LaunchBox and under Updates there's a box to check to enable beta downloads. You may want to disable background updates as well. Then, once you restart you should be prompted to update. :)

45 minutes ago, drowhunter said:

So how do you get the beta version of the desktop app,  i click on download and put in my email but is that for the non-beta version?

FYI though, you don't need the beta release to use the Android export anymore. It's in the official 10.1 release.

5 minutes ago, Pixel said:

As for the emulators, do you consider adding some Amiga emulators? Omega 500, Uae4arm etc.  Frodo C64.

What's the best way to emulate those systems on Android?

A possible to emulate list inside the app would be handy to cover this maybe. 

18 hours ago, Pixel said:

As for the emulators, do you consider adding some Amiga emulators? Omega 500, Uae4arm etc.  Frodo C64.

What's the best way to emulate those systems on Android?

To be honest, I am clueless on that. I can certainly add some emulators though if someone can get an emulator working properly. Just let me know what works.