LaunchBox Community Forums

Neo Geo Games Not Launching

rb79

Alright weirdly enough RA only adds the bootlegs and hacks to a playlist, but finally I got Portable RetroArch running along with the cores and the games.

Re-add Retroarch to LB, everything looks good, and start up a game.

Nothing.

Seriously don't know what to do at this point.

Now Retroarch and Launchbox are in the same directory but still nothing changed.Screenshot-7.thumb.png.68d698b5e4a6ec0f2cdcd570bc979e4c.png
Screenshot-8.thumb.png.7c1dfd9194e888b9144b85cb7d90f7f1.png

25 minutes ago, rb79 said:

Alright weirdly enough RA only adds the bootlegs and hacks to a playlist, but finally I got Portable RetroArch running along with the cores and the games.

Re-add Retroarch to LB, everything looks good, and start up a game.

Nothing.

Seriously don't know what to do at this point.

Now Retroarch and Launchbox are in the same directory but still nothing changed.Screenshot-7.thumb.png.68d698b5e4a6ec0f2cdcd570bc979e4c.png
Screenshot-8.thumb.png.7c1dfd9194e888b9144b85cb7d90f7f1.png

OK, at this point i think you should start from scratch with importing that system. Right click and delete it, and start again. Setup retroarch first.

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

OK, at this point i think you should start from scratch with importing that system. Right click and delete it, and start again. Setup retroarch first.

Currently re-importing roms and system rn 

hopefully it works

HELL YEAH!

FINALLY IT WORKS

So apparently I actually skipped a major step in the process, I rewatched the video and instead of just listening I watched it entirely. 

Turns out I didn't assign the platform any emulator as seen in the video. I thought setting up the emulator by itself was enough.

Well, at the end of the day the only problem I had was myself. Kinda like life

Thanks everyone for your help, especially the portable RA stuff  (Has way more features than the installer ver).

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Also, looking back at the images in your OP, the fourth image where you show the associated platforms screen with your NeoGeo platform there. The "Default" checkbox isnt checked, why? Did you uncheck whilst troubleshooting? or was you using something else prior that is still the default?

Just saying.