LaunchBox Community Forums

Possible to hide panel on demand (button) ?

Undertherainbow

10 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

You cannot hide the side panel on demand. It can be auto hidden if the theme creator chooses to code it that way. I am not sure if it would be possible for Jason to make that a feature since it is how the designer coded the view in his theme. 

All that is done in visual studio its made from scratch , just reused textures from other project (future state) , i understand how auto hide panel works, but wanted to show/hide on demand. It would mean hooking into keybinds via xaml to achieve that. maybe a plugin..

Edited by Undertherainbow

4 minutes ago, Undertherainbow said:

All that is done in visual studio , i understand how auto hide panel works, but wanted to show/hide on demand. It would mean hooking into keybinds via xaml to achieve that. maybe a plugin..

It does not have to be done in VS. Many theme makers code strictly in NotePad ++. It can be coded like I said and yes a plugin could do it. It likely would still be theme specific. If Jason did create a control built into BigBox the designers code could still override it. Since that piece you want to hide can vary in location (grid, column, grid span, column span) it would be hard to know what needs to be hidden. It is not named a specific piece in the code. 

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

It does not have to be done in VS. Many theme makers code strictly in NotePad ++. It can be coded like I said and yes a plugin could do it. It likely would still be theme specific. If Jason did create a control built into BigBox the designers code could still override it. 

I understand, i prefer VS , i can see where i position what, without searching for x,y. ill see what i can do about plugin.

I achieved the same thing by using a bool to visibility converter and binding the control to a static bool  and event. There might be better ways but it is possible. The down side, i guess, for me personally is that page up and page down are really the only viable buttons to use for something like this.

Edited by jayjay
  • Unusual Gem 1