LaunchBox Community Forums

bulk edit wizard

djwar

1 hour ago, djwar said:

Thank you Retro808, I also found a great tutorial to do it with notepad++

No worries. However, I would recommend not editing the xaml unless you have to and using the tool as designed. We have seen xaml files get corrupted and cause more issues than is needed. 

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

No worries. However, I would recommend not editing the xaml unless you have to and using the tool as designed. We have seen xaml files get corrupted and cause more issues than is needed. 

Thank you for the advise, I actually have version 7 in my old pc, is not updated as in my laptop.

I forgot that it was me who requested it.. silly me

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/1369/bulk-edit-wizard

22 minutes ago, djwar said:

@Retro808 is there a repository for LB old versions ?

There is not. If you have not deleted Launchbox during your use of it there is an Updates folder that will house prior versions of Launchbox you have used. If you still have them you can always reinstall a prior version from there. Otherwise you can email support@unbrokensoftware.com and advise of your situation and why you would need an older version. 

In some cases using NP++ is the better solution but you should always back up any xmls before making any changes to them. As an example I have a Windows Server which I haven't joined my clients PCs to so it has a different netbios then my clients so if my roms are on the shared network computer the server doesn't show up as an option when trying to change the folder that plus I've been doing it the NP++ since 2015 so I'm very used to it but like I said if you go this route always make backups before changing.