LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller Not Working

WillyT

I second this, just updated to LaunchBox/Big Box 10.4 and I'm having the same issue. I cannot navigate in Big Box nor can I control the mouse in Launchbox. Controls in game are fine, however, my normal exit from a game (Select + Start on my xbox controller) does not function. I have already tried resetting the controller in the options and deleting LaunchBox\Data\InputBindings.xml file. however, nothing seems to work. Any information and assistance is greatly appreciated.

Edited by IronFistZilla
New information added.

I see. My current hunch is that something isn't working on Windows 7. I'll do some quick testing and report back. Thanks guys.

If you want to, in the mean time you can roll back to 10.1 by running the 10.1 installer in the LaunchBox\Updates folder, and just installing over top of your current folder.

Sigh, I failed to realize that XInput 1.4 is not available on Windows 7, which we're using for the new controller stuff. The irritating thing is you can't install it either; it's only available on Windows 8+. So it looks like I'm going to have to support XInput 1.3 for Windows 7 users. Working a solution.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the trouble, the new version was going to add home button support if i read correctly? would be awesome if we could get it on windows 7 but not a necessity as far as i go. Still not upgrading to win 10 until i'm sure it's getting close to win 7 or later glory :D

I just put out a beta release for testing. You can update to the betas by going to Tools > Options > General > Updates in LaunchBox and checking the box to update to beta releases. You may also want to uncheck background updates; that way you'll be prompted to update on restart of LaunchBox.

If you guys can test this beta to see if it's working for you on Windows 7, I'd appreciate it.

Just now, IronFistZilla said:

Sorry for the delayed response. Windows 7 Professional with a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller. I just tried the Beta release and my controller is now working!

That is good to hear. I'll wait to confirm from the rest of you guys and then I'll probably put a fix release out tonight. It's worth noting that I did just put out beta 2, which addresses a minor issue, so if you guys can test with beta 2, I'd appreciate it. If you're prompted to update from here on out, beta 2 will download anyways.

LaunchBox Beta 2 is stuck at initializing and refuses to launch for me unless I "Run as an Administrator". Same goes for Big Box. The controller still works in both, but having to launch this way is a bit inconvenient. Have not had to do this in the past so is a bit odd.

Edited by IronFistZilla

Just now, bobix86 said:

@IronFistZilla Tried launching multiple times? My launchbox does crash often w/o error message just shows the loading screen once and vanishes but it gets things right after 2 or 3 tries.

When it does this it means that the previous instance of LaunchBox is still in the process of closing. I should probably put a better error message there for that situation.

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

When it does this it means that the previous instance of LaunchBox is still in the process of closing. I should probably put a better error message there for that situation.

Think it might be something more as i get this even after fresh restart (clean launch), but this has been going on for a long (4-5 months) while now so no biggie, might be cause i'm running a pre-built setup, who knows. Bigbox also mimics Launchbox as sometimes i have to launch it two/three times for it to actually show up and load.

Edited by bobix86