LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller Not Working

WillyT

Just now, IronFistZilla said:

Sorry, been editing my pas post. Yes I have ended task on the process and I have restarted. The only way I can get LaunchBox or Big Box to launch is to "Run as Administrator".

Hmm, that might be important to know. What folder is LaunchBox installed to?

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Typically requiring administrator permissions is caused by file permissions issues. Have you always had to use LaunchBox as administrator?

No, things have always launched just fine from the desktop icons without any additional modification. Im going to do a clean install and see what happens. Ill update as soon as I am done.

1 minute ago, IronFistZilla said:

No, things have always launched just fine from the desktop icons without any additional modification. Im going to do a clean install and see what happens. Ill update as soon as I am done.

Thanks much. I suppose it's possible that the new controller requirements could be causing issues with needing admin rights. I doubt it though.

3 minutes ago, IronFistZilla said:

Did a fresh install and everything seems to be working now without the need for Admin rights. Obviously something on my system somewhere but it seems to be sorted now. Thank you all for the assist, I really appreciate it.

Sure, thanks for following up with me.

• Like 1

Hey Jason, since version 10.2 I can no longer control the LaunchBox and/or BigBox interface with more than one controller simultaneously - only the controller that is plugged in port 1 (so to speak) can control it. I'm on Windows 10, using two Xbox 360 controllers and one Xbox One controller.  All three controllers do work normally simultaneously in BigBox version 10.1, so I've rolled back to 10.1 for now. Thanks man.

12 hours ago, Android16 said:

As far as the controllers working, yes it does. But the initial delay is missing. There use to be a 2 second delay before you are actually able to press something when a controller is connected. This got rid of immediately selecting something before the intro video has completely gone away.

Just responded to this in your other thread.

5 hours ago, APCT0311 said:

Hey Jason, since version 10.2 I can no longer control the LaunchBox and/or BigBox interface with more than one controller simultaneously - only the controller that is plugged in port 1 (so to speak) can control it. I'm on Windows 10, using two Xbox 360 controllers and one Xbox One controller.  All three controllers do work normally simultaneously in BigBox version 10.1, so I've rolled back to 10.1 for now. Thanks man.

Have you checked the box for use all controllers? To be honest I haven't specifically tested for this, but I'm also baffled how that could  be a new issue with the changes that were made. Unfortunately I'm out of the house for the next few days and I have my laptop with my development stuff, but I don't have any controllers with me (that was dumb). Can anyone else test this?

I just started using an 8bitdo controller. It seems to work with all of the game controls. However, I was bummed out when I lost game exit capability. I then tried to access pause menu and no dice. I am running rocketlauncher in the back and that seems to be buggy with LB these days, so I set up retroarch as an emulator for NES straight through LB. Still had the same results with the controllers( although it fixed a fade screen issue that has popped up around 10.3[positive] but I loose my bezels[negative]) I then tried my xbox controllers with the same results in all scenarios. I don't seem to have been able to get the beta, however, I did get an update tonight to 10.4. Same thing. I am windows 10. I tried deleting the xml to no avail. 

Edited by KillaBLK

10 hours ago, KillaBLK said:

I just started using an 8bitdo controller. It seems to work with all of the game controls. However, I was bummed out when I lost game exit capability. I then tried to access pause menu and no dice. I am running rocketlauncher in the back and that seems to be buggy with LB these days, so I set up retroarch as an emulator for NES straight through LB. Still had the same results with the controllers( although it fixed a fade screen issue that has popped up around 10.3[positive] but I loose my bezels[negative]) I then tried my xbox controllers with the same results in all scenarios. I don't seem to have been able to get the beta, however, I did get an update tonight to 10.4. Same thing. I am windows 10. I tried deleting the xml to no avail. 

Running Rocket Launcher with LaunchBox should work perfectly fine, so long as you do not use the startup and pause screens. The startup and pause screens will conflict with Rocket Launcher and cause all kinds of issues (they interfere with each other). Version 10.5 is out (official). Once you have 10.5, check your game exit controller mappings.

16 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Just responded to this in your other thread.

Have you checked the box for use all controllers? To be honest I haven't specifically tested for this, but I'm also baffled how that could  be a new issue with the changes that were made. Unfortunately I'm out of the house for the next few days and I have my laptop with my development stuff, but I don't have any controllers with me (that was dumb). Can anyone else test this?

Just double checked on Official 10.5, Both Enable Game Controllers and Use All Controllers are checked, still no luck.. rolled back to 10.1 and they both work perfectly again.  I know it's small potatoes and you have a full plate, but it's certainly strange. Would anyone else mind testing this to see if it's just me please?

13 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Running Rocket Launcher with LaunchBox should work perfectly fine, so long as you do not use the startup and pause screens. The startup and pause screens will conflict with Rocket Launcher and cause all kinds of issues (they interfere with each other). Version 10.5 is out (official). Once you have 10.5, check your game exit controller mappings.

Wow, you are correct, I still haven’t been prompted for 10.5 but disabling those worked. Thank you. I would ditch rl if lb supported bezels. I think most would. Great work. Thanks again!

On 10/3/2019 at 10:30 AM, APCT0311 said:

Just double checked on Official 10.5, Both Enable Game Controllers and Use All Controllers are checked, still no luck.. rolled back to 10.1 and they both work perfectly again.  I know it's small potatoes and you have a full plate, but it's certainly strange. Would anyone else mind testing this to see if it's just me please?

We may indeed have an issue with multiple XInput controllers. I'll be reviewing that here soon. Sorry for the trouble.

On 10/3/2019 at 1:21 PM, Terminates Here said:

Hi, been talking about this in another post.  I too reverted to a backup of a 10.1 installation and everything worked again - button combos got me out of Retroarch and also special-interest emus (I use Altirra for Atari 8-bit, for instance).

Hi Terminates, this is one issue that I haven't figured out. Button combinations are working in all my testing for Retroarch in 10.5. What buttons have you assigned to exit and what controllers are you using?

On 10/4/2019 at 11:20 PM, Jason Carr said:

We may indeed have an issue with multiple XInput controllers. I'll be reviewing that here soon. Sorry for the trouble.

Hi Terminates, this is one issue that I haven't figured out. Button combinations are working in all my testing for Retroarch in 10.5. What buttons have you assigned to exit and what controllers are you using?

Hi, I later traced this to a botched 10.5 Launchbox upgrade.  The installer messed up when I unknowingly switched from Bigbox to Launchbox and something went wrong config wise.  Now fully functioning on LB Premium 10.5.

• Like 1