LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME shows more than imported

DeadVoivod

1 minute ago, DeadVoivod said:

So I have a MAME favorites set, which contains 1313 games in total, but when I imported them into LB, it shows me 2817 games. How comes? 

Btw, I'm using the non-merged set of MAME (v0.210)

Sounds like you used the fullset importer on a non fullset. The fullset importer will import all working games. If you only want specific games imported from a folder use the standard rom importer, not the fullset one.

What's now with media, did it also import media for the complete set, or only my existing stuff? As I don't necessarily want to go through the whole download everything process again. 

EDIT: I think I can see that it downloaded everything. 

Edited by DeadVoivod

Just now, DeadVoivod said:

What's now with media, did it also import media for the complete set, or only my existing stuff? As I don't necessarily want to go through the whole download everything process again. 

It will of downloaded media for a fullset. Simply import your roms the correct way then run the cleanup media tool to remove what you no longer have.

The fullset wizard does specifically tell you that it is precisely that and will require a fullset.

image.thumb.png.891f1eaff0b39c3494122fd5f4b252c6.png