LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega SuperModel 3 How to open in LB

silver60618

Hi Guys, Ive got the Sega Model 3 emulator. Both the command line version and SupermodelUI graphical interface version.

When I point launchbox to the Supermodel.exe command line version, nothing happens. Just opens a CMD line window and closes. 

Then I pointed to the  SupermodelUI version which works, but goes to the emulator interface instead of just opening the game. Ive read other threads about this that werent very detailed.

Is there something Im missing? Either looking for loading the command line version (Im assuming there is a an additional line of code to put in LB?) or load the GUI version and load the game and hide the GUI window

• Like 1

It is one of the easier emulators to set in Launchbox. In the associated platforms tab for your SuperModel emulator in Launchbox do you have the platform name listed?

Just point to the Supermodel.exe and also make sure you do not have any of the boxes ticked for "dont' use quotes", "No Space before Rom", and "Use file name only...".

Tip: Anytime you add an emulator you need to make sure in the Associated platforms tab you have the platforms listed that will use the emulator. The name must match how you have the name in Launchbox. This missed step is one of the most common issues with users causing games not to work. 

• Thanks 3

• 5 months later...

I am experiencing the same issue but is not working from me. When I try to launch it it launches only the UI. Please look at the screenshots what I am doing wrong in the config of launchbox. In the Associated platform it is mentioned as : Sega Model 3 

But there is nothing mention in the Default Command-Line parameters. 

1.PNG

2.PNG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rzyamaki said:

I am experiencing the same issue but is not working from me. When I try to launch it it launches only the UI. Please look at the screenshots what I am doing wrong in the config of launchbox. In the Associated platform it is mentioned as : Sega Model 3 

But there is nothing mention in the Default Command-Line parameters. 

1.PNG

Try launching the Supermodel exe, not the UI and also remove the space in your resolution option (1280,1024)

• Like 1

When I change it to the Supermodel.exe a black screen flashes & then nothing happens. But when I change it back Supermodel-UI.exe then it brings up again the interface. This is really confusing. The rom file is properly mapped to it. I am using the Supermodel UI v 0.9 as shown in the screenshot. The game works fine if I select it in the UI but still don't understand why Launchbox does not accepts it. Any other suggestions?

1.PNG

2.PNG

Its probably the typo in your command line. Switch back to the emulator exe and as Headrush mentioned you need to remove the space between your resolution #’s. Should just be 

-res=1280,1024

If you set it in the display settings in the UI you don’t need that resolution command line. 

• Like 1