LaunchBox Community Forums

Is it possible to launch a program from the main system wheel without having to go into the sub wheel?

KillerQ

Hello, 

When using hyperspin, I was able to have the main system wheel launch an emulator. That is, instead of having all the tables for pinball FX in a sub wheel, I just had a main system wheel for pinball FX and when I clicked on that instead of going to a sub wheel, it would start the pinball FX program.

Is there a way to have a main system wheel on launchbox initiate a program? Or does there have to be a sub wheel?

Thanks! 

Edited by KillerQ

7 hours ago, KillerQ said:

I wonder if this has ever been requested. I bet it's just one line of code away from being a feature. 

3 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

It has been requested by at least one person  but there didn't seem like much interest in it being worked on.

We have had a small handful of very vocal users that have wanted this, but when it was on a community poll know one cared and it got hardly any votes. As for it being a single line of code, thats not true at all, it would actually be a major overhaul of the interface and backend code as everything would need to know that its possible to load into a app directly rather than opening a new wheel, so a complete re-structure of Launchbox and Bigbox would be required. Hence it hasnt been implemented as so few users care about having it so it is not worth the dev time/money currently.