LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox with Mame on External SSD

ARoth

I purchased a Lifetime License for LaunchBox to use it with Mame.  I followed the setup for Launchbox with mame by ETA Prime.

Everything went fine as per the video.  Once everything finished downloading, Non of the games show in Launchbox. 

I have done it twice and same result. 

I am running Windows 10 Version 1903 (Build 18362.418),  I installed Launchbox 10.6 on a external 2gig SSD along with Mame 0.214 and Roms/Chds.

I feel like I wasted $50...  I have been watching these videos for quite a while and It seems pretty cut and dry,

Some advise please.

Thank you,

42 minutes ago, ARoth said:

Everything went fine as per the video.

Well clearly not if this,

42 minutes ago, ARoth said:

Once everything finished downloading, Non of the games show in Launchbox. 

So you dont have a Arcade platform, or you do but its not showing any games? A bit more of a description and some images would help to understand exactly what you are saying, because if you have a fullset and the emulator then there is no reason it wouldnt work, other than user error during the import wizard.

I have a Full Set of Mame Roms 0.214 which work Fine with Mame64, MameUI64, & Negatron.

I installed LaunchBox on my External SSD.  I copied Mame in to the Launchbox Directory.  Then Copied the ROMs into the ROMS folder in the mame directory.

I created the Mame profile with Manage Emulators.  Then I went to TOOLS, IMPORT, MAME ARCADE FULL SET...

Called the Arcade Platform, "Arcade".    Selected the the ROM's directory.   Selected The Emulator.   Default for Metadata.  Download Images (All). 

Signed into my EmuMovies and selected all to Download.    Filter games All default except changed Region to Prioritize to WORLD.

Ready to import screen shows all the game the wizard is ready to import, Clicked Finish.    It started Searching EmuMovies for Arcade Media...

It took about 4 hours to complete and it said  No Results were found.   What did I do incorrectly?

This is What my LaunchBox Looks like.  Any Ideas?

1775817085_InkedMyLaunchBox_LI.thumb.jpg.039782e471c2e7739dd6c3800d5a2a40.jpg

Edited by ARoth