LaunchBox Community Forums

I cannot import folder of Playstation games

Mattardo

Hi - I have a folder here: Launchbox/Games/Sony Playstation/ which contains all my working playstation 1 games. Each game is in it's own folder and contains .bin and .cue, and a few are images. The problem is when I use Launchbox to Import Roms and add the platform - it scans and finds absolutely nothing to add.

Every other system has imported just fine - this one is giving me issues. Any ideas?

1 minute ago, Mattardo said:

Hi - I have a folder here: Launchbox/Games/Sony Playstation/ which contains all my working playstation 1 games. Each game is in it's own folder and contains .bin and .cue, and a few are images. The problem is when I use Launchbox to Import Roms and add the platform - it scans and finds absolutely nothing to add.

Every other system has imported just fine - this one is giving me issues. Any ideas?

Probably because the games are in the own folders, so Launchbox doesnt see any files. Easiest way to import them would be to go to the folder and put *.cue into the windows explorer search bar, high-lite all the games and drag and drop them onto Launchbox to start the import wizard.

20 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Probably because the games are in the own folders, so Launchbox doesnt see any files. Easiest way to import them would be to go to the folder and put *.cue into the windows explorer search bar, high-lite all the games and drag and drop them onto Launchbox to start the import wizard.

Ah, thank you. I had to drag just one .cue file in (it was not accepting multiple files), wait for it to import the game and create the platform, then search for Added Roms - which then proceeded to import the rest. I'm not sure about the image files at the moment.

That's a very strange way of going about it. I wonder why Launchbox is so picky about Playstation folder format for importing?

5 minutes ago, Mattardo said:

That's a very strange way of going about it. I wonder why Launchbox is so picky about Playstation folder format for importing?

It's not picky at all, it will import any filetype you tell it to.

Ah, thank you. I had to drag just one .cue file in (it was not accepting multiple files),

You only need to import the .cue file, Launchbox doesnt need any other files, even if you have games with a .cue and multiple .bin files you still only import the .cue file.

I'm not sure about the image files at the moment.

What do you mean by image files, are you talking iso's or actual media images like box's and screenshots?

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

It's not picky at all, it will import any filetype you tell it to.

You only need to import the .cue file, Launchbox doesnt need any other files, even if you have games with a .cue and multiple .bin files you still only import the .cue file.

What do you mean by image files, are you talking iso's or actual media images like box's and screenshots?

Yes, an iso is exactly what I meant. It looks like it's importing those as well, so that's good.

As for my comment on it being a strange way to go about it: every other single system I've imported has been as simple as using the wizard and pointing to the folder containing the games, etc. When that seems to be the standard way of importing a system and it's games, it's not obvious that one needs to drag a single .cue file to the Launchbox window to specifically import Playstation games. Thus - why I'm here asking for help heh heh!

you shouldn't be limited to dragging only one cue file into LB I've done it with hundreds of files on more than one occasion so why your system would only be letting you drag one file doesn't make any sense and certainly isn't how the program should behave.

On 11/21/2019 at 12:27 PM, DOS76 said:

you shouldn't be limited to dragging only one cue file into LB I've done it with hundreds of files on more than one occasion so why your system would only be letting you drag one file doesn't make any sense and certainly isn't how the program should behave.

Yes, I have no idea. I can only think of 2 things.

1- The program may have been taking some time to process the drag and drop and I was impatient, or

2- I have a secondary program called Teracopy that can handle copying, moving, pasting, etc. - though this has never been an issue when I've dragged and dropped multiple items anywhere else. Perhaps a conflict with multiple items and Launchbox? I really have no idea why it didn't work.