LaunchBox Community Forums

will not download famicom images when I import roms

pinkeye

Worked fine for arcade roms and nes roms. When I imported the roms launchbox downloaded the images & artwork. But I have tried everything. When I import Famicom roms, launchbox seemingly makes no effort to import the artwork. It just imports the roms in less than 2 minutes. I've tried a new set of roms but can't get the artwork from emumovies. I have a subscription. (NOW on another machine I have the IMAGES. Can I take those images and put them where they should be in my machine that won't install them? Will they be recognised if I drop them in where they belong?

25 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

Worked fine for arcade roms and nes roms. When I imported the roms launchbox downloaded the images & artwork. But I have tried everything. When I import Famicom roms, launchbox seemingly makes no effort to import the artwork. It just imports the roms in less than 2 minutes. I've tried a new set of roms but can't get the artwork from emumovies. I have a subscription. (NOW on another machine I have the IMAGES. Can I take those images and put them where they should be in my machine that won't install them? Will they be recognised if I drop them in where they belong?

What @DOS76 said, Famicom is not a actual platform, it's the Japanese name for Nintendo Entertainment System. So import it with all the other NES roms you said you already imported. Or name it Famicom but set it to "scrape as NES" as that is what it is.

It's up to you how you organise your own system, but splitting regions of the same platform into different systems seems more effort than its worth to me.

1 minute ago, pinkeye said:

Thank you, you say import them with my NES roms? Makes sense. 

Our database is based on the US naming of systems/roms. You can name them and sort them however you please, but you should scrape them by the US name. Myself i'm from the UK so i am familiar with the "Sega Mega Drive" but i named it that, but scraped it as "Sega Genesis" as thats the US name so therefore well populated in our database for images.