LaunchBox Community Forums

OK I'M AT A COMPLETE LOSS...

PiperCalls

Purchased a premium license, I have a couple PC's lying around so figured I'd setup a LB/BB system. I've tried installing on both PC's and neither one will launch LB. I did fresh OS installs on both (Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit) and both do the exact same thing. Try to launch LB and it sits on the "initializing" screen for several minutes and then errors out. I get exactly the same error log as this post ...

I followed this thread and uninstalled .NET 4.8 & reinstalled it directly from the MS link given...it installed correctly. I have also turned of UAC. What am I missing here?

Thanks...Piper

What directory is LaunchBox saved to? The thread you mention talks about how that error code is related to file structure permissions, want to make sure that isn't the case here. Also, please make sure you are NOT running the application as an administrator. If you could attach an image of the error message you are seeing.

17 hours ago, C-Beats said:

What directory is LaunchBox saved to? The thread you mention talks about how that error code is related to file structure permissions, want to make sure that isn't the case here. Also, please make sure you are NOT running the application as an administrator. If you could attach an image of the error message you are seeing.

C-Beats, thanks for trying to help.

I thought maybe it was the 64-bit Windows version that was causing the issue so I wiped & tried to install with Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. I tried to install LB first in C:/Launchbox...same error so I wiped it and let it install in the User directory (the default install location)...same error. It hangs for a while on the "initializing..." screen then says it stopped working. Here is a copy of the error log...

Just to be clear this is a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit and I have only installed the motherboard drivers (from Gigabyte), the Video Suite (from AMD) and Launchbox, nothing else.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    LaunchBox.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    10.7.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:    5dd429b3
  Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:    4.8.3928.0
  Problem Signature 06:    5d39000b
  Problem Signature 07:    426b
  Problem Signature 08:    12
  Problem Signature 09:    System.IO.FileNotFoundException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

16 hours ago, DOS76 said:

Is your Windows 7 fully updated.

DOS76, thanks for trying to help.

No updates, it's a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit with the motherboard drivers (Gigabyte), Video Graphics Suite (AMD) and I installed .NET 4.8 directly from Microsoft. Nothing else is installed/running. I was trying to eliminate variables so it's as clean as can be.

Thanks...Piper

39 minutes ago, PiperCalls said:

DOS76, thanks for trying to help.

No updates, it's a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit with the motherboard drivers (Gigabyte), Video Graphics Suite (AMD) and I installed .NET 4.8 directly from Microsoft. Nothing else is installed/running. I was trying to eliminate variables so it's as clean as can be.

Thanks...Piper

You need to run updates against the computer as well. Those should be installing and updating the file it is looking for or attempting to use. also is there anyway you can send me a screenshot of the error. Want to verify what system is throwing the exception.

1 hour ago, PiperCalls said:

C-Beats, thanks for trying to help.

I thought maybe it was the 64-bit Windows version that was causing the issue so I wiped & tried to install with Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. I tried to install LB first in C:/Launchbox...same error so I wiped it and let it install in the User directory (the default install location)...same error. It hangs for a while on the "initializing..." screen then says it stopped working. Here is a copy of the error log...

Just to be clear this is a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit and I have only installed the motherboard drivers (from Gigabyte), the Video Suite (from AMD) and Launchbox, nothing else.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    LaunchBox.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    10.7.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:    5dd429b3
  Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:    4.8.3928.0
  Problem Signature 06:    5d39000b
  Problem Signature 07:    426b
  Problem Signature 08:    12
  Problem Signature 09:    System.IO.FileNotFoundException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

image.thumb.png.73d8cbade0a31bd701036955c1a6bcbd.pngThis is all I get after the "Launchbox initializing" screen.

Thx...Piper