LaunchBox Community Forums

demul loads fine in launcbox desktop, but not in bigbox

meshflesh

Hi. Im using latest version of demul. Default launchbox settings.  Loads games fine in launchbox desktop app.   but in bigbox...the emulator pops up. but the game isnt loaded.

Older version of demul works fine in both bigbox and desktop app. (however i cant use old version because it doesn't play nice with my ATI GPU)

any way to fix? thanks

EdITED:.  Added video link

Edited by meshflesh

This is baffling because BigBox uses the same settings, paths etc. to launch games that Launchbox uses. What you're describing should be impossible. If it launches in Launchbox, it should launch in Bigbox. The only thing I can even wildly guess at here (I don't use demul) but some emulators like PCSX2 have two windows going when emulating, one for the emulator, one for the game. Maybe the actual game window is getting hidden behind BigBox? 

32 minutes ago, fromlostdays said:

This is baffling because BigBox uses the same settings, paths etc. to launch games that Launchbox uses. What you're describing should be impossible. If it launches in Launchbox, it should launch in Bigbox. The only thing I can even wildly guess at here (I don't use demul) but some emulators like PCSX2 have two windows going when emulating, one for the emulator, one for the game. Maybe the actual game window is getting hidden behind BigBox? 

my thoughts exactly. Ill record a video later. Maybe i'm overlooking something