LaunchBox Community Forums

Changing platform theme video

BoraxkiD

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 4:15 AM, BoraxkiD said:

Hi, I have downloaded multiple platform videos in launch box but i dont know how to select the ones I wanted. Ie i have the standard arcade theme for capcom playsystem 1 and I just downloaded a different one so how do i select the new one. Cheers 

You can only use one and can only have one named after the platform in the folder. You just place the one you want in the \Launchbox\Videos\Platforms folder and name it exactly as the platform is named in your Launchbox setup. If you download it from the wizard it Launchbox it will do all that for you.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Blakestr said:

What if you download multiple videos using the wizard? I've tried to set it manually there and it defaults back to the Big Box Cinematix I downloaded.  Can you advise please? 

You cant download multiples of the same platform, one video per platform only. What it sounds like you are doing is downloading, then choosing another style and downloading them, overwriting the previously downloaded videos.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

You cant download multiples of the same platform, one video per platform only. What it sounds like you are doing is downloading, then choosing another style and downloading them, overwriting the previously downloaded videos.

Does that mean I literally have to redownload it every time I want to switch platform videos?  I'm assuming there's already been a feature request for this (or one for choosing it as part of the theme looks)  Would it help if I did a feature request? 

Just now, Blakestr said:

Does that mean I literally have to redownload it every time I want to switch platform videos?  I'm assuming there's already been a feature request for this (or one for choosing it as part of the theme looks)  Would it help if I did a feature request? 

If you want different videos for different themes then you need to move them to the appropriate theme after downloading them.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the quick reply. Just to make sure I am understanding, let's say I switch to "Unified" theme but I want the Colorful Platform videos to play on it - I would need to manually copy over the video files to that theme's folder?  Then whenever I changed themes, it would still work for that Unified theme (unless maybe I downloaded different videos from the Platform Video download menu) 

Edited by Blakestr

2 minutes ago, Blakestr said:

Thanks for the quick reply. Just to make sure I am understanding, let's say I switch to "Unified" theme but I want the Colorful Platform videos to play on it - I would need to manually copy over the video files to that theme's folder?  Then whenever I changed themes, it would still work for that Unified theme (unless maybe I downloaded different videos from the Platform Video download menu) 

Yes, videos in the Launchbox/Videos/Platforms folder will play as default, but if you have videos in the actual themes folder they will take precedent.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again! In the wizard i found a video i want under 

Arcade capcom playsystem, its the big box cinematic video.. how do i get that or download it so i can make it my capcom playsystem platform video? There are 2 different tabs so to speak... capcom playsystem and down the bottom is arcade capcom playsystem. I have my set up to capcom playsystem but its not in there to select.. help! I tried downloading it and it claims it did but i dont know where it went.. help