LaunchBox Community Forums

Nvidia shield compatibility

Retro4Ever

I'm looking at purchasing Launchbox for Android, but I was wondering how well does it work for Nvidia Shield Pro?  I know how to manually load APKs, seeing it's not in Nvidia's Shields version of Google play (at least I didn't see it).  I was just wondering how well it functions, and how well can you navigate all the features with a game pad (I use a Dual Shock 4 with my Nvidia Shield).  Of course any tweaking to get the emulators to run right?  I just use a few standalone ones right now.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Retro4Ever said:

I'm looking at purchasing Launchbox for Android, but I was wondering how well does it work for Nvidia Shield Pro?  I know how to manually load APKs, seeing it's not in Nvidia's Shields version of Google play (at least I didn't see it).  I was just wondering how well it functions, and how well can you navigate all the features with a game pad (I use a Dual Shock 4 with my Nvidia Shield).  Of course any tweaking to get the emulators to run right?  I just use a few standalone ones right now.

Thanks

It was tested heavily on a shield TV during development as Jason bought one for the purpose, so it works great there, and is probably the ideal platform in all honesty as it connects to a large screen and can accept many controller types.

• Like 1