LaunchBox Community Forums

Trackball/spinner not detected Mame

darrenmarchand

Hi,

I built an arcade stick with a Tron joystick, spinner and trackball. The Tron joystick works. The LED trackball lights up. However, the trackball and spinner do not work. I've tried configuring in Mame, and neither is even detected. From my understanding, the trackball should at least work in Windows, but it doesn't. I have both trackball and spinner connected to a 12-1 interface board.

please help. I'm so close!

If you start MAME with the -v option using either Power Shell or Command Prompt are the devices show there?

Should see something like this:

Input: Adding mouse #0: HID-compliant mouse (device id: \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_0410&MI_01&Col03#7&2ee0ae83&0&0002#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd})
Input: Adding mouse #1: HID-compliant mouse (device id: \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_0511&MI_01#7&3b972869&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd})
Input: Adding mouse #2: HID-compliant mouse (device id: \\?\HID#WmVirtualDevice#2&2b3e62a0&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd})
Input: Adding mouse #3: HID-compliant mouse (device id: \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C077#7&45fb73f&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd})

Edited by Headrush69

1 minute ago, Headrush69 said:

Is this the adapter to use with a 1-Up arcade controls?

Is there an LED on the board and if so is it lit when connected?

Hi,

It's the adapter I was told to purchase from a couple different sources. Yes the trackball is lit up. The red light on the adapter is on as well.

On a side note, the usb cable from the adapter goes into a usb hub because the Tron joystick is also plugged in.

From the looks of your output, MAME is not seeing the 12in1.

The device listed there is your touchpad/keypad combo.

I would trying connecting without your hub, and also check out usb tree view to see if it appears there. That adapter is suppose to be driver free, when you connected it originally, did Windows try to configure it?

I don't think Windows tried to configure it. I didn't notice it at least. I did try just connecting the usb directly without the hub and that didn't work. I'll try again tomorrow and see. If I recall, I was just in Launchbox when I tried. I'll see if it works in Windows this time around. Heading to be soon so I'll post tomorrow.

thx

There could be a number if reasons and we might have to remove device drivers to force it to re-configure. The device is likely labelled as USB Composite Device in Device Manager.

I would suggest starting USB Tree View and plugging in the device to find information on it. Device Manager generically labels lots of these devices making it harder to find the proper one.