LaunchBox Community Forums

Metabox Dual Screen Theme

Currently working on a dual screen BigBox theme, aiming to maximise screen real estate for all that juicy media and metadata.

My aims for this theme are to present a comprehensive amount of media and metadata, with a focus on the original media especially the front and back box art. I am trying to avoid any unnecessary embellishments and to give an overall clean and uncluttered look that is easy on the eyes.

My initial inspirations for this theme were the MSDOS big box games and the Meagre interface, which showed both front and back box art for MSDOS games as well as other media. I initially developed a theme for one screen, though went on to expand it for 2 screens.

A beta version of the theme will be uploaded in due course. Still have the platform views etc to work on. At this stage I have provided a screenshot of the game list view and would be keen for any feedback or suggestions.

Big thanks to Dave @y2guru for developing the theme creator which I used to make this, and to @eXo for creating the eXoDOS pack that inspired and necessitated this theme. 

IMG_1633.jpg

Edited by Retrofrogg
  • Thanks 1