LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Model 2 emulator not launching games from Launchbox

DeekLoo

Hello, I was wondering how to set up the Sega model 2 emulator. I used the link launchbox provides and I used the default settings but When I click on a Game it will not launch the game. It only launches the emulator and I have to select the game from within the emulator. I checked the forums and there were no answers to my problem. Help would be much appreciated.

Thank You

6 minutes ago, DeekLoo said:

Hello, I was wondering how to set up the Sega model 2 emulator. I used the link launchbox provides and I used the default settings but When I click on a Game it will not launch the game. It only launches the emulator and I have to select the game from within the emulator. I checked the forums and there were no answers to my problem. Help would be much appreciated.

Thank You

When I initially installed launchbox I created a launchbox folder and extracted launchbox in it. creating Launchbox/Launchbox.  I never tried to fix it because all of my other emulators launched perfectly fine. So, when I typed that in in the Ini. It was the correct path.

Launchbox Launchbox folder.PNG

9 minutes ago, DeekLoo said:

Is there some sort of Command line parameter I could try?

No there is not one needed.

It is a pretty straight forward set-up. Do you game run directly in the emulator? That would not really be the issue, but just want to make sure.

Here is my set-up and runs with no issue. Nothing additional added. Just made sure the emulator directory path was set. Set-up the emulator in LB and set the Associated Platform.

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 3.01.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 3.01.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 3.02.49 PM.png

4 minutes ago, DeekLoo said:

Yes, if I open the emulator and load the rom it runs.

Could you try something.

In the edit emulator screen you emulator path is showing a relative path. Can you edit the emulator path and reselect so it shows the full file path and then test again running a game?