LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Model 2 emulator not launching games from Launchbox

DeekLoo

Cool. My next attempt was going to be moving everything off that drive. Glad you did that already as what ever was the true issue got fixed since you started over. The platforms tab showing different is not an issue. It will only change if you manually change it. That is Launchbox’s default. 

The only reason why I finally thought to do that is because I had to do a similar thing with mame a while back, making a roms folder inside and outside of the launchbox folder. I figured since the sega model 2 was an arcade system like mame I could try a similar thing. Anyways, thanks a ton!!!

1 hour ago, DeekLoo said:

Here you go

Details tab.PNG

edit tab.PNG

I notice your file name for this rom doesn't match the normal filename. (daytona-1.zip instead of daytona.zip)

Are all your filenames like that? 

Edit: This emulator uses filenames without extensions, to know which game to start, so if named different you will have issues.

Edited by Headrush69
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, DeekLoo said:

The only reason why I finally thought to do that is because I had to do a similar thing with mame a while back, making a roms folder inside and outside of the launchbox folder. I figured since the sega model 2 was an arcade system like mame I could try a similar thing. Anyways, thanks a ton!!!

Yeah no worries. You are up and running now so glad you are sorted.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Headrush69 said:

I notice your file name for this rom doesn't match the normal filename. (daytona-1.zip instead of daytona.zip)

Are all your filenames like that? 

Edit: This emulator uses filenames without extensions, to know which game to start, so if named different you will have issues.

Yes, all of my files are like that. My roms look like this. There is a daytona-1.zip and a daytona.zip in the folder.  It doesn't seem to be causing any issues. I'm not sure if my set is merged, non merged, or split, but it works, so I'm a happy camper.

Capture.PNG

47 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Yeah no worries. You are up and running now so glad you are sorted.

There are inconsistencies in the roms pointed to in his/her screenshots. I don't know but, somehow in the process duplicates of the roms were created (the -1 variants) and that's what LB pointed to. Those will never start using m2emulator as it uses game names, not file names.

I doubt it was the emulator location that fixed the issue, but looking at the final screen shots you see the games in LB are linked to the correct game names now.

Hopefully that's helpful for someone else in the future.

6 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

There are inconsistencies in the roms pointed to in his/her screenshots. I don't know but, somehow in the process duplicates of the roms were created (the -1 variants) and that's what LB pointed to. Those will never start using m2emulator as it uses game names, not file names.

I doubt it was the emulator location that fixed the issue, but looking at the final screen shots you see the games in LB are linked to the correct game names now.

Hopefully that's helpful for someone else in the future.

I know. The fact he moved his original roms and did not have LB move them on import lets me know his new import is working and has good named roms which is why I really did not say much more. His last pic confirms what I was suspecting and even shows it does contain the proper rom along with the -1 name that LB can do when it moves roms. I know being more concise on the error might be helpful to others possibly, but a lot of info went back and forth and now that it is working sometimes it is best to stop right there for now.

8 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I know being more concise on the error might be helpful to others possibly, but a lot of info went back and forth and now that it is working sometimes it is best to stop right there for now.

Maybe I'm reading too much into your comment, but I wasn't in anyway making any judgement on your responses or your knowledge of the issue. I just thought it might be helpful to point out with that emulator filenames matter and it wasn't a location issue. Are you suggesting I shouldn't have added anything once solved?

1 hour ago, Headrush69 said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into your comment, but I wasn't in anyway making any judgement on your responses or your knowledge of the issue. I just thought it might be helpful to point out with that emulator filenames matter and it wasn't a location issue. Are you suggesting I shouldn't have added anything once solved?

No worries. I think you did read a little to much into it. I am never worried if someone is or is not being judgmental of me. Just to be open about it, I did not even think that. I was suggesting simply that after 30 plus posts in a short period of time and he is up an running that was a good enough stopping point for me. You quoted me, so I just wanted to respond as I try not to ignore a member if I am tagged in a post.

In response to the duplicate files with the -1 I figured out what happened. I think that I somehow extracted my romset twice to the same folder prompting either windows or 7zip to add the -1. I deleted the duplicate files and everything still launched okay.798234673_duplicatesdeleted.thumb.PNG.de7f48253543a555b958b42e1e891bae.PNG