LaunchBox Community Forums

Some platforms aren't showing box art in Game Details, but instead showing its clear logo

Invisible

Got a weird issue. My bigbox is showing clear logos for its box art when i go into the game details screen for 3 of my platforms when it should be showing the box. its showing the box where it should be for all my other platforms, except for just 3 (DS, PSP, and Xbox). All boxes are named properly and in the right folder. This issue just started randomly when booting up Big Box a few days ago, not sure what changed.

ive made sure that launcbhox options only has box front set in the priority list for box. ive refreshed the image cache as well, and it still happens

I've attached photos of what it looks vs what its supposed to look like (for GBA as an example).

I found a workaround, though im not sure why this works, to give a bit more info on maybe what's going on.
if i go into launchbox and go into these 3 platforms (ds, xbox, and psp) and change the image group to boxes (it's originally on clear logos) and then launch big box, the box arts show up like normal instead of the clear logos
but all the other platforms image groups are on clear logo and dont have this issue so not sure whats going on

20200307_182155.jpg

20200307_182210.jpg

Yes. I have Clear Logos selected and it shows as box art still. But I have Clear Logos set for all other platforms and dont have this issue with those. I want the logos to be shown in LaunchBox before I get into BigBox, and I've always had it like that.

I mentioned that as well in the first post with some more info and steps I've tried.

Edited by Invisible

6 minutes ago, Invisible said:

Yes. I have Clear Logos selected and it shows as box art still. But I have Clear Logos set for all other platforms and dont have this issue with those. I want the logos to be shown in LaunchBox before I get into BigBox, and I've always had it like that.

I mentioned that as well in the first post with some more info and steps I've tried.

Ah, miss read that for some reason. Not sure why this is so. That Image Group affects the image on the game details. So it is odd that it is not working right. Can you test other themes to see if the same thing happens.

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

Ah, miss read that for some reason. Not sure why this is so. That Image Group affects the image on the game details. So it is odd that it is not working right. Can you test other themes to see if the same thing happens.

Yes, it is happening in other themes as well.

31 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

You can assign a button or key to change views to boxes, logos, backs etc. Im not at the pc atm but i'm sure you'll find it within big box settings for controller or keyboard button assignments, hope it helps.

That fixed it while in BigBox instead of fixing it via the Image Group, but just put the logos back to the boxes in LaunchBox. Maybe every platform except these 3 are the ones that are wrong, and they were all wrong before and these 3 fixed themselves.

Since if that's how the Image Group option works, then everything has always been set to Clear Logo but using the Box Front in the Game Details and always was wrong lol

Edited by Invisible

• 3 months later...