LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME full set import vs just a few roms

LazyBear

Hi everyone,

After successfuly setting up my launchbox/retroarch/big box for my consoles emulation needs, I would like now to add some MAME roms in the Arcade section.

The problem is : when I follow the MAME full set import process, it will download arts data (covers, cabinet...) for thousands of games, even if my MAME roms directory only contains 75 roms files (I don't care about 99% of the games available on MAME).

It takes a few hours, and in the end, I'm proposed a list of something like 6.000 games. As I couldn't find any way to filter out the 75 games I have, it's a pain in the *ss to browse through this gigantic list to find the games I'd like to play.

So I tried to import the roms through the console process, but then MAME is not proposed as a platform.

Does anyone have an idea to fix this little problem ?

Thanks and be safe everyone !

3 minutes ago, LazyBear said:

Hi everyone,

After successfuly setting up my launchbox/retroarch/big box for my consoles emulation needs, I would like now to add some MAME roms in the Arcade section.

The problem is : when I follow the MAME full set import process, it will download arts data (covers, cabinet...) for thousands of games, even if my MAME roms directory only contains 75 roms files (I don't care about 99% of the games available on MAME).

It takes a few hours, and in the end, I'm proposed a list of something like 6.000 games. As I couldn't find any way to filter out the 75 games I have, it's a pain in the *ss to browse through this gigantic list to find the games I'd like to play.

So I tried to import the roms through the console process, but then MAME is not proposed as a platform.

Does anyone have an idea to fix this little problem ?

Thanks and be safe everyone !

Just add the console name you want. You can type a name in the field. You are not confined to what is in the drop down list. Just make sure if you do not use Arcade as the platform for your name roms to set the Scrape As to "Arcade". That way if you ever re-scrape or if you deleted all the original import media you can be sure it scrapes correctly.

34 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Just add the console name you want. You can type a name in the field. You are not confined to what is in the drop down list. Just make sure if you do not use Arcade as the platform for your name roms to set the Scrape As to "Arcade". That way if you ever re-scrape or if you deleted all the original import media you can be sure it scrapes correctly.

Also be sure to add whatever name you choose to the associated platform list for that emulator.