LaunchBox Community Forums

Entex Adventure Vision in Retroarch

flatuswalrus

I could not get the Directory Override to work correctly in this case, for some reason it does not seem to save the difference of Softlists on or off.  I came back to it several times & although you are right (it would be more elegant) I just stayed happy the problem was solved with a separate installation of RetroArch for the Philips.

As for the Overlays, I have finally reached the position I can start to play with them, all decoration here on in.

Thanks again!

• Game On 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/18/2020 at 5:42 AM, flatuswalrus said:

had four games for it, I love it. I have

Hey hey - I am a little new to emulation but the Adventurevision was one console I had as a kid.  Is Retroarch something I can get running on a Pi and can I get the AV running on it too. Sorry - I get a bit confused following the thread. Thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, plastyk said:

Is Retroarch something I can get running on a Pi and can I get the AV running on it too.

I have never owned a Pi and know nothing about them; however, I do know that you can download Retroarch for Pi. Go to Retroarch's website and in the downlaoad section you will see a link and guide for the Pi. I do not know anything further from there regarding the Pi, sorry.

• 1 year later...
On 6/8/2020 at 4:30 PM, FuriousPig said:

I could not get the Directory Override to work correctly in this case

Just wanted to answer this for anyone having issues with MAME and software lists. The Retroarch/config/mame/mame.opt file can be named the same as your rom folder. i.e. "advision" , "cdimono" ,  "electron" , "bbcb" etc. and you can manually edit it to enable or disable automatic software list support, cli boot, mouse support, read/write ini etc.

• 6 months later...
On 3/18/2020 at 1:42 PM, flatuswalrus said:

Finally got this to work! Even though this little thing only had four games for it, I love it. I have wanted to get it working in Retroarch for some time now just to have the overlay of the unit.

97F00860-8FB5-4438-B8D9-42926D569860.thumb.jpeg.2adbb78028e1e83c862a901b0b7cc932.jpeg

You may want to try my Adventure vision overlay for MAME. Which is the same, but with the cartridges "on its place"

572848705_EntexAdventureVision.thumb.png.a148192eaaab15d6575ef1cd3c588c31.png

advision.zip

Or much better: A custom bezel for each of the 4 games:

Defender

Defender.thumb.png.5e12107723842ba94b3cb0e7af9e126c.png

Space Force

2032396017_SpaceForce.thumb.png.6eb889e4381203a1302656b1a794ab06.png

Super Cobra

image.thumb.png.69f951780f2d85f8b0bab3bc7b8ae3a0.png

Turtles

image.thumb.png.e1bb22b8d509ec413c2dea1a89bc633f.png

To make it work with MAME, you'll need to add the attached overlay files in MAME\atwork\

I also had to add a custom command-line parameter for each of the 4 games to make it load:

image.thumb.png.71b088d25c633b964ee8029e7b004148.png

So...

advision -cart %romfile% -override_artwork defender

advision -cart %romfile% -override_artwork spacefrc

advision -cart %romfile% -override_artwork scobra

advision -cart %romfile% -override_artwork turtles

Enjoy!

350388529_EntexAdventureVisionOverlays(MAME).zip