FuriousPig Posted June 8, 2020 Posted June 8, 2020 I could not get the Directory Override to work correctly in this case, for some reason it does not seem to save the difference of Softlists on or off. I came back to it several times & although you are right (it would be more elegant) I just stayed happy the problem was solved with a separate installation of RetroArch for the Philips. As for the Overlays, I have finally reached the position I can start to play with them, all decoration here on in. Thanks again! 1 Quote
plastyk Posted June 25, 2021 Posted June 25, 2021 On 3/18/2020 at 5:42 AM, flatuswalrus said: had four games for it, I love it. I have Hey hey - I am a little new to emulation but the Adventurevision was one console I had as a kid. Is Retroarch something I can get running on a Pi and can I get the AV running on it too. Sorry - I get a bit confused following the thread. Thanks in advance. Quote
flatuswalrus Posted June 26, 2021 Author Posted June 26, 2021 8 hours ago, plastyk said: Is Retroarch something I can get running on a Pi and can I get the AV running on it too. I have never owned a Pi and know nothing about them; however, I do know that you can download Retroarch for Pi. Go to Retroarch's website and in the downlaoad section you will see a link and guide for the Pi. I do not know anything further from there regarding the Pi, sorry. Quote
Duimon Posted September 4, 2022 Posted September 4, 2022 On 6/8/2020 at 4:30 PM, FuriousPig said: I could not get the Directory Override to work correctly in this case Just wanted to answer this for anyone having issues with MAME and software lists. The Retroarch/config/mame/mame.opt file can be named the same as your rom folder. i.e. "advision" , "cdimono" , "electron" , "bbcb" etc. and you can manually edit it to enable or disable automatic software list support, cli boot, mouse support, read/write ini etc. Quote
ci2own Posted March 6, 2023 Posted March 6, 2023 On 3/18/2020 at 1:42 PM, flatuswalrus said: Finally got this to work! Even though this little thing only had four games for it, I love it. I have wanted to get it working in Retroarch for some time now just to have the overlay of the unit. You may want to try my Adventure vision overlay for MAME. Which is the same, but with the cartridges "on its place" advision.zip Quote
ci2own Posted March 6, 2023 Posted March 6, 2023 Or much better: A custom bezel for each of the 4 games: Defender Space Force Super Cobra Turtles To make it work with MAME, you'll need to add the attached overlay files in MAME\atwork\ I also had to add a custom command-line parameter for each of the 4 games to make it load: So... advision -cart %romfile% -override_artwork defender advision -cart %romfile% -override_artwork spacefrc advision -cart %romfile% -override_artwork scobra advision -cart %romfile% -override_artwork turtles Enjoy! 350388529_EntexAdventureVisionOverlays(MAME).zip 1 Quote
flatuswalrus Posted June 29, 2025 Author Posted June 29, 2025 On 3/7/2023 at 4:01 AM, ci2own said: You may want to try my Adventure vision overlay for MAME. Which is the same, but with the cartridges "on its place" This is a very late reply. Thanks for the cool overlays. I have come back to this system after not having had it on my setup for years. After previously having had it working and helping other getting it working about five years ago I now am unable to get the damn system to work, haha. Quote
ci2own Posted June 30, 2025 Posted June 30, 2025 16 hours ago, flatuswalrus said: This is a very late reply. Thanks for the cool overlays. I have come back to this system after not having had it on my setup for years. After previously having had it working and helping other getting it working about five years ago I now am unable to get the damn system to work, haha. I use MAME for this system. mame.exe advision <game_name> <game_name> can be: defender, turtles, scobra,spacefrc Remember to have needed bios in its place. Quote
flatuswalrus Posted June 30, 2025 Author Posted June 30, 2025 4 hours ago, ci2own said: I use MAME for this system. I will likely obsess over and continue to try and get it back up and running in RA simply because I know it is possible from having previously done it. Though, if I end up quitting I will give your suggestion a try; thanks for the info. Quote
JoeViking245 Posted June 30, 2025 Posted June 30, 2025 2 hours ago, flatuswalrus said: I will likely obsess over and continue to try and get it back up and running in RA simply because I know it is possible from having previously done it. Though, if I end up quitting I will give your suggestion a try; thanks for the info. You got this! We have faith in you. Though seems like a lot of work for all f o u r games. Nonetheless, when you're on a mission, you gotta follow through. Quote
flatuswalrus Posted June 30, 2025 Author Posted June 30, 2025 1 minute ago, JoeViking245 said: You got this! We have faith in you. Though seems like a lot of work for all f o u r games. Nonetheless, when you're on a mission, you gotta follow through. Your inspirational words have given me the strength needed to push on with this frivolous but driven task. These four games need to be playable once again on my setup or the universe is not aligned in my mind. Also, as I get older the words "follow through" can't help but resonate differently. 1 Quote
flatuswalrus Posted July 1, 2025 Author Posted July 1, 2025 Does anyone know where exactly where in the settings of RA's latest release it is that you can turn on and off any settings pertaining to softlists, if there is any? Quote
nixzero Posted Monday at 03:56 PM Posted Monday at 03:56 PM I know this is an old thread but i didnt want to start a new one. I have these games running on LB via the RA steps in this thread, but want to get the bezel working and RA is looking for a cfg overlay. I have been trying to create a custom one but I'm very new to RA. First, does anyone have a cfg overlay and video scaling setings that I can try? Second, I would prefer to just use the .lay overlay files, but isn't MAME going to get thrown off that I have two "defender.zip" bezels, one for the arcade game and one for the entex? How did other users get around that? Quote
launchretrogirl2562 Posted Monday at 04:56 PM Posted Monday at 04:56 PM 56 minutes ago, nixzero said: I know this is an old thread but i didnt want to start a new one. I have these games running on LB via the RA steps in this thread, but want to get the bezel working and RA is looking for a cfg overlay. I have been trying to create a custom one but I'm very new to RA. First, does anyone have a cfg overlay and video scaling setings that I can try? Second, I would prefer to just use the .lay overlay files, but isn't MAME going to get thrown off that I have two "defender.zip" bezels, one for the arcade game and one for the entex? How did other users get around that? U can set that and control it by the way u call the game with your command variables U should give the entex it's own cfg file For example: mame.exe Entex -keyboardprovider dinput -cfg_directory D:\Mame\cfg\Entex And I don't know the proper system syntax for entex out of my head, but the -cfg_directory part is with which u can control and normally, if u have a seperate directory in mame\artwork\Entex Then mame will find the bezels for entex games At least, that worked for me. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.