LaunchBox Community Forums

Creating A List Of Games So Friends Can Recommend Missing Titles

grim.

I'd like to be able to show my collection to friends on my smartphone some how but I can't figure out the best way. Remote Desktop was a slow and failed terribly.

I just want a way for friends to quickly look through my platforms so they can recommend games for them, tell me what I should try, discover new games, etc etc.

1) Is there a convenient way to upload my thousands of games to the "My Collection" web page of LaunchBox? Or....

2) Is there a quick way to create an Excel sheet from my Launchbox data?

12 minutes ago, grim. said:

I'd like to be able to show my collection to friends on my smartphone some how but I can't figure out the best way. Remote Desktop was a slow and failed terribly.

I just want a way for friends to quickly look through my platforms so they can recommend games for them, tell me what I should try, discover new games, etc etc.

1) Is there a convenient way to upload my thousands of games to the "My Collection" web page of LaunchBox? Or....

2) Is there a quick way to create an Excel sheet from my Launchbox data?

One way is to audit each platform as it kicks out a grid that you can then copied to Excel. Caveat though is it has to be run per platform. This can make it easy to then just copy and paste each into a unique tab in Excel. Not the most streamlined, but a few point and clicks.

13 minutes ago, grim. said:

Thanks, that would help a ton! I just wish LaunchBox's My Collection had an import feature.

Edit: Wait, what does this Auditing feature do?

It is used to audit your media basically. It will show you your games and some of the more common media types like 3D Box, Box Front, Music, Videos, Manuals, etc. and let you know how many you have of each so you can easily see if things are missing in a way.

Just click on a platform then go to >Tools>Audit this Platform and it will run then it pops up a view like Excel. You can highlight all or some and copy paste into Excel.

Have you synced your collection to the database from within LaunchBox?

As @Retro808 mentioned you can link your collection to the cloud and the games db (it would only let you view it not play it) to do so go to the hamburger menu in LB choose cloud and select the sync to the cloud option then you can use your phones browser to see your collection from the gamesDB website

image.thumb.png.dd5c69156e6b1544b9996a12bb342b0d.png