LaunchBox Community Forums
riblad_om

Scraping FInalBurn 2020-01-06 Neo set

Hey guys, I'm attempting to have a separate MAME and FinalBurn NEO playlist (want FB as an option when I'm playing on weaker hardware) and I acquired the 2020-01-06 romset. I didn't see a way to scrape Final Burn Alpha or Neo, so I scrapped for Arcade and only ended up with maybe 1/4th or 1/5th of the roms successfully scrapped, the rest just ended up as filenames. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this set too new?

2 hours ago, riblad_om said:

Hey guys, I'm attempting to have a separate MAME and FinalBurn NEO playlist (want FB as an option when I'm playing on weaker hardware) and I acquired the 2020-01-06 romset. I didn't see a way to scrape Final Burn Alpha or Neo, so I scrapped for Arcade and only ended up with maybe 1/4th or 1/5th of the roms successfully scrapped, the rest just ended up as filenames. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this set too new?

Did that FB romset come from a Mame set? We always recommend scraping any arcade system as "Arcade". I have SNK NeoGeo as a separate platform and it scrapped all the games just fine.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 9:03 PM, Retro808 said:

Did that FB romset come from a Mame set? We always recommend scraping any arcade system as "Arcade". I have SNK NeoGeo as a separate platform and it scrapped all the games just fine.

I had scraped as Arcade but had to toggle the Force MAME Metadata option to get them to scrape properly.

2 minutes ago, riblad_om said:

I had scraped as Arcade but had to toggle the Force MAME Metadata option to get them to scrape properly.

Yeah that makes sense, as i assume they are using the MAME shortnames, and Launchbox doesnt know how to scrape those unless it knows to use the MAME naming scheme.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I also followed the instructions on the archive.org page hosting the set to rebuild it with clrmamepro, and force merged when scraping, not sure if that helped as well.

Edited by riblad_om